Thursday, 30 June 2011

Happy Thursday - it'll soon be the weekend!

Welcoming two new followers, the first being Hristina and the other is only my second male follower - Ray Murray - aka Sir Andy of Stafford - hello crafting buddy, hope you'll find an excuse to pop by from time to time and keep me in order!!!

Only one more sleep till the craftfest with buddies all over the world (Cornwall, Essex, Holland and Oxfordshire) - my new shoes are primed and ready and I'm not afraid to use them ....... for shopping!!! there's now the added bonus that the lovely Cherry might (just might at this stage) be able to join us too - how fabulous will that be? Crack on with your marking Cherry so you can spare the time on Sunday.

Time for a spot of crafting ..... another entry for OLW60 over on the Simplicity blog and also on the CraftyMess forum tonights challenge is "Anything that flies"



Materials used:
  • 5" square white card
  • Oval scalloped mask, placed on my card blank and Versacolour orchid dabbed.
  • Sequin waste then placed over the mask and Versacolour silver dabbed.
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Versacolour Orchid and then again in Memento tuxedo black, giving a shadow effect
  • Inkadinkado image inked if Memento Deep pink (actual colour name totally escapes me!) and then again in grape jelly giving the burgundy colour

Hope you like it and I hope that your Thursday is proceeding nicely. I'm off to the store for supplies for our weekend trip to the Artstamps show - anybody need anything while I'm out???

16 comments:

Debs M said...

this looks lovely Kathy, great colours x

Netty said...

Beautiful card Kathy

Heather T said...

Wow, what a beautiful arrangement of images.

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love the movement in it and the colours, enjoy the show, wish I could be there
Claire xxxxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the mask and the overstamping - very effective.
Can't think of anything I need thanks, but will probably buy some bits on saturday knowing me.
It looks like I will be working full time from September - have just been negotiating things, so crafting will have to take a back seat, but at least I will have some money coming in.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Craftilicious said...

Another great card Kathy - it would be eligible as a last minute entry to our come fly with me challenge at St Lukes too x

http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.com/

Sally H said...

A fabulous card, Kathy! Love that bird and the colour combo

MonicaB said...

Simply beautiful card! Love the glimmer and shine.

Lilian said...

Lovel card Kathy. You can feel the movement in the bird.
Take care lilian x

Cherry said...

Can I have a lift matey? I can come to the ball as I have done enough with tomorrows quota. Woo hoo.

Can I say that is one gorgeous pruplicious birdie with the most lovely sentiment to boot.

What colour shoes are you going with for Sunday then?

Hugs Cherry XXX

Lauren Hatwell said...

Evening Kathy. I've been packing the car ready to head over to your place bright and early tomorrow. I can hardly wait (she squeaked). Woohoo!

Congrats on your new followers and on your fabulous card.

SEE YOU SOON....

Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

I really, really love this one kathy, your first entry was spiffing, but this is fabulous !!

Just the one sleep now before the craftfest - YeeeeHasaaaa !!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

joanne wardle said...

beautiful

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, beautiful card, love the bird's flowing tail, that's what it looks like to me:0) Of course it just had to be purple too, LOL Gay xxx

Susan said...

Awesome card!

Shobana said...

Lovely Kathy! That stamp is just lovely and you got an amazing effect with the colors! :)
Have fun over the weekend!