Saturday, 18 June 2011

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Morning folks,

Here we are at Saturday again and it's Sketchie day over on Craftbubbles Craft Mad and Loving It group and today is the turn of a Guest Design Team Member to present the sketch . . . who is it? I hear you cry ..... no prizes, it's me!!! so here is my sketch


It comes with the added twist of: MASCULINE AND MONOCHROME - monochrome doesn't necessarily mean black and white it just means shades of one colour (plus black or white) but, since I had constructed the sketch using black and white AND had some new papers in these shades off I jolly well went ....


Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300gsm white card and envelope
  • Two Black card panels with opposite corners rounded
  • Two Papermania grey/white checked panels with opposing corners rounded
  • Sunshine Designs teasel image inked in Memento tuxedo black once and Memento london fog twice on to white card and opposing corners rounded before mounting on to similarly rounded black and silver mirri
  • Three pieces of black card candy
  • Two black faux pearls to finish
Hope you like it - fancy having a go? Then pop over to Craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group and enter your card . . . here

On a roll, I decided to have a go at Making a matching insert and envelope .....





And over on the Simply Less Is More blog there is a new challenge too, set - as usual, by the fabulous Chrissie and Mandi - you really should check it out here - if you haven't already!!  Have a fabulous Saturday and a great weekend everyone

WEEK 20 - This week our theme for your cards is MONOGRAM

monogram: Definition monogram ( ) n. A design composed of one or more letters, typically the initials of a name, used as an identifying mark.


You can use any means you fancy for creating your monogram... die cut letters, stamps, computer printouts, masking techniques... wherever your creativity leads you, we'd love to see it.




7 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh these are brilliant hun love the stamps you have used,just great hugs cheryl xxxx

Fleur said...

Stunning card Kathy, I love the teasle image. Love the inside too
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card and matching insert and envelope.
Have a lovely weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Kathy

Anne

Debs M said...

great card and the insert and envelope looks fabulous...still pondering..... x

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely young kathy and all so very well co-ordinated. Fabulous design.
hugs
wynneth
x

Erica said...

Super original stuff Kathy.I love it.
Thanks for your kind words on my Less than Correct entry over at LIM. I thought I'd try something a bit different. Hmmm, guess I got beside myself after being showcased last week. Musn't let it go to my head, huh? smile.
I haven't been spamed yet, but I'm always on the alert for it.
Cyber hugs,
Erica