Sunday, 26 June 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning folks,

The weather forecasters reckon we're set for a lovely day and my hubby is threatening a BBQ - I told him it would rain for two reasons: 1) WIMBLEDON and 2) GLASTONBURY!!! The sun is presently doing a great job of proving the forecasters right (and me wrong) but ..... we shall see ..... my wellies are by the door! He's still suffering with man flu and I'm just hoping that I don't catch it as I have plans for next weekend ...........

I have crafting buddies visiting from Cornwall and Essex and we plan to craft and chat and shop and chat! I've booked tables at local restaurants and we have plans to meet up with a fourth crafter for dinner and fifth crafter at the Newbury Artstamps show (the shopping part!) so, you can quite see why I DON'T want or need a cold! I think I might just have to kill him! (joking of course as he's so seldom ill but talk about bad timing!). And only a couple of days later I shall be meeting up with another crafter, Katiejane, who is in the U.K. from Holland ...... no time for second hand man flu at all!

Anyhoo, following my LIM-fest yesterday and that adorable penguin image (Bah Humbug/LIM/CMLI challenge entry) I simply couldn't bear to put him away without using him once more and I DID love the circle presentation so ..... I made an ATC using him that last time (till nearer Christmas anyway!).



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Stripy paper
  • One burgundy coredinations circle
  • One white circle (slightly smaller) and my Cats Pyjamas image inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Marvy le plume alcohol markers, Copic Atyou Spica and Viva decor glitter pens to colour
  • Cats Pyjamas sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out, banner style
  • One faux crystal gemstone added to the base of the exclamation mark!

Hope you like it, I know I do and I hope my eventual swap-ee will too - though, frankly, it's a little too early to be sending out Christmas trading card swaps!

Anyways, Sundays usually means a themed challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It but the theme has yet to be posted - wonder what it will be? Don't be surprised if you see a second post from me later then folks unless the weather is SOOOOOO FAB we decide to go out and/or have a BBQ!!!!

Happy Sunday - any plans?

Laterz...................................


9 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy I can see why you wanted to use him again he is sssoooo cute. Love him.
Take care lilian

Debs M said...

he is a cutie! will there be a themed challenge today? hope you don't get contaminated, enjoy the bbq/eats later x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I quite agree, far too early to put that little cutie back in the box Kathy; even if he is ill..har-dy-har har.... Seriously, hope Steve is better soon and that cutie pie penguin is just SO sweet. More pengy projects are needed. I love the stripey backing paper too. Whoop! Whoop! Lx

Cheryl said...

oh kathy hun this is great love love that image,and those papers work beautifully hugs cherylxxxxxxxx

JessicaLynn said...

Great card.. I just love the colors!! I have a $65 stamp giveaway going on right now.. come and sign up.

Have a great weekend,
Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com

scrappyjacky said...

No rain appeared here today,Kathy.....it just got hotter and hotter.

Brenda Brown said...

Cheers to you too Kathy. A cute image on your ATC.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm so pleased you didn't put this adorable little chappie away yet !! Gorgeous ATC - he does look so great on a circular layer. Is that right? You're expecting visitors next weekend? Spookily, I shall be in your vicinity next weekend too !!! ROFL
hugs
wynneth
x

Netty said...

Terrific fun ATC Kathy