Thursday, 23 June 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Warned you I might be back! Like a gremlin that got fed after midnight (remember them?) .......

Remember too, how my ATC plans started out today? with the naked book pages? Well, here's how it finished!

 

Well, it's a little bit steampunk anyway - I DID say that I don't always "get" the genre and this appears to be one of those days - still, I quite like it. And here's a reminder of how it started out ..........

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Mod podge (to liberally coat the ATC blank and after applying the book page strips, to seal)
  • Book page ripped in to strips
  • Once the mod podge had sealed and dried I set about decorating - now my mod podge is glossy so Distress Ink didn't dry and neither did Memento ink .... plan B) here I come!
  • Paper Artsy cog image inked in Memento rich cocoa (OH BUM it didn't dry so .......) perfect pearls in pewter brushed over the wet ink - BINGO!
  • Rubber Stampede phonograph image inked in versamark and bronze perfect pearls brushed over (oh yes, on a roll now!!!)
  • Crafty Individuals image inked in Ranger Archival jet black - there! I defy you not to dry now!
  • Tim Holtz metal cog and silver brad attached with my trust Maplins (£5) cordless glue gun and YAYYY!

Hope you like it peeps - I think I deserve a cuppa! WHY oh WHY do I not think these things through? Perhaps I should have realised that the Mod Podge wouldn't allow certain inks to dry. I guess part of me did because I was thinking "Alcohol Inks" before I remembered peeling mod podge and alcohol inks off of my canvas - hmmmmmmm, me and multi media don't really have a comfortable relationship!

Hope your Thursday is progressing apace and that you haven't gotten too wet if you've been out. Perhaps you are watching "Wimbers" on the TV? ENJOY anyway! Back to my table of craftiness ............


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love how its turned out,Kathy.

Debs M said...

looks great Kathy x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Kathy - things happen for a reason and we learn new things when it doesn't go the way we expected - so you really stretched your creativity more today. I love the one cog and the way it is reflected in the stamping.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, you've been very busy, love the background, lots to see and I'll bet those perfect pearls will be glistening away gloriously, mm nice , Hope you enjoyed your well earned cuppa, Gay xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooooo.... VERY nice young kathy - didn't you do well. I love your finished project and well done on overcoming the non-drying probs :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Cheryl said...

oh hun this has turned out brilliantly just love what you did with your papers hope you enjoyed your cuppa hugs cheryl xxxx

Cherry said...

Gorgeous Kathy, well what a journey but all that learning and trying out of things. I love the finished effect and think it fits with steam punk too. Have a fun Friday. Hugs Cherry XXx