Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Tuesday morning - will it rain??????

Hi folks,

I've been given an award - all the way from Clark County, Washington in the U.S., from fellow LIM-ette Bernadet, so thank you so much Bernadet - I'm so pleased to have you visit my blog from so far away - even though it's not far through the ether!!!

Apparently this award comes with conditions, which are .........

A) you have to thank the person who gave you the award - done!
B) in order to accept this award you have to share SEVEN things about yourself
C) you have to pass this on to deserving blog buddies and leave messages on their blogs to let them know

Well A) is done and for C), rather than offend anyone, ..... IF you are a regular visitor to my blog and IF you would like this award then please take it - it's for you. For some idea of the talented crafters who might take this award then just trawl down my sidebar for the list of blogs I follow.

And now for B) the seven snippets to share:
  1. My car's name is UGLY (even though it really isn't that ugly!)
  2. I'm very fond of guinea pigs and, until quite recently,  have always kept them
  3. I always wanted to emigrate to Australia and become a teacher
  4. That was before I discovered that I'm "allergic" to children!
  5. You already know how I LOVE all things purple but did you know my next favourite colour is LIME?
  6. My favourite author is Clive Cussler
  7. My favourite childhood book is John Masefields "Box of Delights"
 I was trawling blogs yesterday and came across the lovely Brenda's blog - I so love her work, she's been working on multi media for ages and given me the confidence to give it a go with last week's canvas (which I'd had in my stash for ages and ages) and today she was playing around with book pages ......... well off I went with a book of my own, a pot of gesso and some other bits and pieces and Brenda's really responsible for the trading card below .... hope you like it - thanks Brenda!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Book page torn in to strips and adhered using clear gesso and then gesso'd again to seal
  • Ranger Walnut stain applied over ATC
  • Imagination sand glitzie dabbed randomly to add a little sparkle which, sadly, doesn't show much in the photo!
  • Time Holtz diamond pattern inked in Distress Ink aged mahogany on to base ATC
  • Paper Artsy image inked in Memento rich cocoa on to white card, cut out and dabbed with Distress Ink tea dye before edging with black and adhering to card
  • Hampton Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to base card
  • Marvy le plume marker (brown) used to edge ATC
Thanks for looking and have a fab Tuesday everyone. 

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Kathy, I absolutely LOVE it. The book pages background has worked brilliantly, with gorgeous vintage colours and a fab image. You did great girl - now I wanna see more!!!
Thanks for the link and the comments, I really appreciate them.
In answer to your question on my blog I hope to be going to the stamp show at Newbury, and funnily enough put it in my diary only yesterday. Are you going? If so what day? I need to see if my DiL wants to come before I make a decision.
Have a good day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fleur said...

A well deserved blog award Kathy, I love your fab creation, the book pages look fab. We're off to pick a cople of guinea pigs tonight ~ it'll be our first time, Although I did use to keep loads of gerbils and I do mean loads LOL
HUGZ Fleur xXx

My name is Wynneth said...

That's a great ATC kathy - I'm so proud of you 'leaping off the cliff' and jumping into the mixed media arena - your work is fabulous dahlink !

hugs
wynneth
x

fatmonica said...

What a brilliant ATC!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy this is a fab Atc love the inks and stamps on this one.

Marie