Saturday, 11 June 2011

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Morning all,

WELCOME BACK to all my lovely followers - missed you guys - nice to have you back.

Crisp and sunny morning it is too - hubby's off to the Mangotsfield Festival today - boys and their toys eh? - which leaves me to craft guilt free though I have promised him one of my signature chillis to come home to!!!

Last evening saw us at my pal Naomi's for dinner. She has this adorable little puppy called Mally and he was on fine form - bless, he's only nine months old and boy those teeth are still sharp at that age!!! He raced around like a dog possessed so we're left to assume he was pleased to see us! Naomi shared with us some of her photos of her recent fab break in New York with her daughters too - we must do it again sometime ..... and soon, thanks Naomi.

And now for the Saturday sketchie from the Craft Mad & Loving It group over on craftbubble. This week set by the lovely Lauren who has added the twist of - "MAKE YOUR IMAGE SHINE" and by that I mean take extra care over your colouring, make the image the main feature of your card and don't over-embellish!! Another convert perhaps, to the Clean And Simple style? Anyway, here is her sketch


LAUREN's LOVELY CARD

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog this week we are on the ONE LAYER CARD challenge and the theme is "IN THE FRAME" - fancy having a go? Then do follow the link above and check out the fab examples.


Have a fab Saturday - hope the weather's as good where you are as it is here ....... and don't forget to check back later to see what, if anything, I turn out for the above two challenges - wish me luck ....... I'm going in (to my craft room, that is!)!!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh love your card hun its brilliant how great is that image,hugs cheryl xx

Kathyk said...

Cheryl, I'm sure Lauren will greatly appreciate your compliment and thank you so much for stopping by

Kathyk

My name is Wynneth said...

I do love this card by Lauren, the image is just so fabby :o)
hugs
wynneth
x