Thursday, 9 June 2011

Happy Thursday - it'll soon be the weekend!

Wotcher readers, soon be the weekend,

I'd like to welcome new follower, GinaA, who joined me yesterday - hope you'll pop back from time to time Gina.

Been crafting this morning but it's a bit of a secret so I can't share it with you ....... yet! I HAD thought I might nip out to IKEA and then visit a pal but somehow the morning just got away from me - I no sooner sat down (to spend five minutes with my kindle) when I discovered it was lunchtime!!! Ooops.

Anyhoo - following a very disappointing shop at Hobbycraft yesterday I nipped out again yesterday afternoon and found myself a little black cocktail dress for a cruise we are taking later in the year. Now I've shared this photo with a few pals and it has been commented that it looks a little on the SHORT side - trust me peeps, it's knee length.

Here's a close up of the detail


Anyhoo, not quite sure whether to head out and make my visits this afternoon or just concede defeat and head to my craft desk with a view to trying again tomorrow!!!

Wishing my crafting pal, Rosie, and her hubby a very happy TENTH wedding anniversary - anyone know what a 10th anniversary is? I know the first one is paper but that's it till I get to 25 (silver) - which is us this year!!!!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Very envious...we love cruising....but not this year....and the dress looks perfect for a cruise.

Shirley-anne said...

Hi Kathy .Now to be sure I would like to see the dress on you !!
10th wedding anniversary is ..Traditional , tin or aluminium and Modern its Diamond . Hope that helps .

Dora said...

O wow Kathy this dress looks so sexy :)) woo hoo a cruise, enjoy xxx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy yep Shirley-Anne is right I have just had a look on my list and she is spot on lovely dress funny thing I had a similar conversation with Amy not long ago I saw a dress and really liked it bear in mind it was internet so modeled by some real leggy beauty she said isn't that a bit to short for someone of your age huh I soon told the model is prob bout 6ft tall where I am only 5 ft so it would prob be below my knee cheeky little madam lol kids take care
Jacki xx

Debs M said...

ooh lovely x

Brenda Brown said...

Ooooh that looks a fabby dress. My best friend is on a cruise at the moment - but it's not something I am keen to try.
Can you email me please? I want to send you a funny - don't think it is appropriate for your blog but it's not rude or anything. Just can't find a contact for you - I know probably blind!!!
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox