Friday, 24 June 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hello readers,

Warned you I might be back .....

I really don't like working with acetate so I set myself a little project today . . . I thought, can't let a little thing like acetate get the better of me!! If you read my earlier post you will already know that I fell foul of technology with my printers - one jamming and the other the ink REFUSED to dry!! BUMMMMMM So then I thought ..... start small and (if it doesn't work) be prepared to chuck it out!!! So, an ATC seemed to fit the bill ......



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Papermania trees image inked in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy several times on to the ATC blank
  • My Santa and sleigh image was inked in stazon Purple on to the front of my acetate and allowed to dry.
  • Turning over my acetate I zig zagged glossy accents over the reverse of the acetate before adding a few drops of Alcohol ink blue which I then (using a Suze Weinberg word) "smooshed" about to cover the the ATC area and to blend the blue.
  • Crystal Glamour Dust was then sprinkled on to the Acetate/ink
  • Tissue paper was placed over the reverse side and pressed down (best to have a rubber or latex glove on at this point!!!). A little more glossy accents applied to the tissue paper and then I placed this firmly down on to the ATC blank - you can see the trees image through the tissue which helps with placing. The piece was then set aside to dry and trimmed as necessary!

Hope you like it - it was splendidly messy and fun to make! And I'm thinking that I MAY not chuck it out!!!! Happy Friday peeps!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Kathy it is beautiful....you wouldn't happen to belong to any ATC swap groups would ya? LOL!
:O)
Jessica

clare said...

it is fab kathy, though yet again it does look blue on the screen but of course i knew it had to be purple!!! x

scrappyjacky said...

This has turned out beautifully,Kathy.

Jo Street said...

It's lovely Kathy, making me feel all festive.
Jo x

Netty said...

Terrific work Kathy. Annette x

Brenda Brown said...

It's fabulous Kathy, love the colours and can just see some of the glitz.
Saw your earlier post and technology is sending me mad too. They say things come in 3's and I hope that's my lot now - still haven't got the main PC back, the new laptop stopped working the other morning and when it did start I had to take it back to before I downloaded some new software and today my work laptop heated up to oven temperature, I thought it was melting and had to take the battery out. I've had enough now!!!!
Looks like I am going Saturday to the stamp show, so sadly we won't get to meet up this time - next time hopefully.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lilian said...

Kathy, The care is beautiful. I am loving the colour, Well done. Lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on your perserverence miss kathy - well worth all the extra work as your final project is FABULOUS ! Lovely to hear how you achieved it too, nice and messy is GOOD !! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x