Thursday, 16 June 2011

Happy Thursday - it'll soon be the weekend!

Hi readers

Welcome to new follower allsocute, hope you will find time to pop back some time soon

Well, busy day for me so far . . . . starting with trip to local hospital to have an X-Ray! No appointment required once you've been referred by your GP - just turn up between 09:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday! Hmmmmmm - I envisaged a good long wait once I got there too! Hubby and I set off shortly after 09:00 and found the newly built and opened multi storey car park! £1 per hour - how long a ticket to buy? How long is a piece of string we pondered! We opted for one hour with hubby prepared to leg it back to renew the ticket if necessary, and off we went. Now this hospital is a BUILDING SITE and things change from one day to the next so it was straight to information to get directions to where access to X-Ray is today! It wasn't far to reception A . . . . and a waiting room full of people - oh great, should we get lunch? The lovely receptionist said "since it's getting busy here I'll send you off to reception B" - fortunately, not a route march away and I had hardly sat down when I was called! Yee Haa - we were back at the car for 09:40 - astonishing. So we treated ourselves to a trip to IKEA and one of their fabulous 99p breakfasts! - because I'm WORTH IT! Back home to unpack and then ..... still more excitement, with a trip to Costco!

I'm now back home, I've had a cuppa and done a bit more to my canvas - not sure if I'm liking the way it's turning out but ...... will reserve judgement until I think it's finished .......



Decided to go a bit mixed media, so I've collected some other bits and bobs (frames, chipboard, clock hands etc) ....... Since yesterdays photo I have added some stamped images and sentiments using a mixture of memento inks and Imaginations glitzies paints (stamps by Inkadinkado, Tim Holtz and Close to the Heart and another mask - by Tim Holtz this time). I also added a page from a very old book which I adhered using gesso and then gesso'd over the top, with a view to using distress inks to colour - once dry .......  how's it looking peeps?

Wanna see what I bought at IKEA? STORAGE containers - ALL of this (complete with lids) for £2.89!!!

Hope you are all enjoying your Thursday and I hope you'll pop back to see how this canvas adventure turns out!



5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think the canvas is looking great,Kathy....you never can really tell with them until they are finished.....as they keep changing.
Our hospital has changed to a pay on exit car park....after many complaints....it's still expensive, but at least you only pay for the time you are there.

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy - hope everything is ok with your xray. Sounds like you've had an interesting morning. It's good to catch up with you again - still no word on my PC so I have been setting the laptop up this week to be able to ujse instead. Now got photo software on etc - so getting there.
Great to see you doing a canvas, it's coming along well, I will be interested to see what you add to it.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debs M said...

looking good so far x

Netty said...

Hope you are OK Kathy. The breakfast sounds great and loving your canvas. Annette x

Cherry said...

Mmmmmmmm I like the developments Kathy. It looks really exciting I wonder where it will go next! Glad you got x-rayed and still got your brekkie. Have a good Friday hugs cherry xxxx