Saturday, 4 June 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Well it turned in to such a nice day that we decided to go out and play tourists so we left home with the intention of walking round Savernake Forest - never made it, took a detour and found a cute little village where we saw a narrowboat negotiating a lock on the Kennet & Avon canal (not something I've ever seen before) . . .  and this CUTE line of geese who weren't at all phased by their photoshoot!




Then we adjourned to Marlborough for a looksee round this historic market town and stopped for a bite of lunch at the Polly Tearooms - check out the link here, how cute is it?

And then back home via the tiny little hamlet (no more than about 20-25 houses) of Moorend - check out the family DUCK! Handsome family aren't they? We called to them and they paddled (like heck) over to us!! Bless






Right, now I've had my day as a tourist AND I've tracked down some cardboard - I'm off to check out my challenge entries for Craft Mad & Loving It and Simply Less Is More - do check back some time soon to see what I came up with.



7 comments:

Cherry said...

Looks like you and Steve have had a great day - super pics especially of the birdies. Sounds idyllic and I hope you missed the heavy downpour this afternoon. Happy crafting and cheers. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Pauline said...

What a lovely day you had, i passed through Marlborough on Thursday on the way to Bowood House with the kids, you must live quite close to me. I have never been to the polly Tea rooms, I must try it one day.

Lindsey said...

Glad you had a good day....we had RAIN this afternoon. One was not amused! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Sounds like you and mr k had a splendiferous day out - lovely piccies :O) How cute that the ducks came when you called them - bless !

Looking forward to seeing the results of your crafting endeavours soon.
hugs
wynneth
x

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
I have been trying to comment here for a while but naughty bad blogger has been stopping me..
just got to try a few things...fingers crossed I will be back.

SallyB said...

Hello...
I'm back...Thanks to Jane who had the answer to why Blogger wasn't letting comments!
Looks like a fab day out! I am looking forward to the six week summer holiday from school so we can do some day trips!
Glad you liked all my crafty purchases...We had a great time...Thanks again..xxx

Craftyrose said...

Looks like you had a fab day out Mrs K! I am always fascinated by the barges trying to negotiate the locks. Have you ever been to the Caen Hill, locks Devizes? Absolutely amazing!