Friday, 17 June 2011

Friday Funny

Morning all,

Hope your Thursday went with a bang!!! Mine did in many ways!

I THINK I finished my canvas ...... unless of course, you have a suggestion for improvement - dear readers!



I added a Technique Tuesday "zip" image and Sparkle n' Sprinkle music scrap too as well as the chipboard frame and Tim Holtz ephemera, a chunky bead threaded with metallic embroidery thread and black/grey "ribbon, a corrugated cardboard die cut flower coloured with Imagination Glitzies, A Tim Holtz ticket also coloured with glitzies and then I liberally added metallic rub-ons in various colours, some verdigris and Distress Black Soot embossing powder and finally some random dabbing with a versamark pad and then I brushed on some old gold perfect pearls and I'm thinking of calling this done!! Heck it was fun and soooooooooo far from my normal work that I really don't know whether I like or not ....... yet! I plan to enter this in the Craft Mad and Loving It thread called "forget your troubles, come - get happy"!!!! and I guess I may get some constructive criticism - this is the first really multi media project I've tackled and I'm just not sure I "got it"!!! Thanks for looking btw and HAPPY FRIDAY.

There's a new challenge over at the Bah Humbug blog and it is: SCARVES AND MITTENS! I've taken to doing this challenge as regularly as I can in order to avoid the last minute rush to complete my cards but OMG - I have completed 79 Christmas cards so far this year!!! Woo Hoo - thanks to Ann and Max at Bah Humbug and also to the other Christmas challenge I try to enter - the ABC of Christmas where their current challenge is LOVE plus red, green and silver - my thanks also to Samantha, Helen and the DT

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, has come to me via Wynneth - thanks matey .... ENJOY

It's called ...... GOD LOVES DRUNKS TOO!

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the door.


The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it's three in the morning!"

He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife..

"Just some drunk asking for a push," he answers.

"Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not, it's three in the morning and it's bloody pouring rain out there!"

"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two guys helped us?

I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself! God loves drunk people too you know."

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes," comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

Wait for it - groan worthy punchline approaching .......


"Over here on the swing" . . .


Sorry about that and so, I'm sure, is Wynneth - NOT!!! - made us chuckle anyway and I hope you did too


3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A great canvas and mixed media piece Kathy, you have used a variety of things to create an interest and to keep the eye moving around it. I can't believe it is your first attempt and I think you should do more of them.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

clare said...

Kathy your canvas looks really great. hope you found a spot to hang it, pride of place. x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great piece of art work young kathy - sounds like you have lots of fun creating it too :O) I hope to see it IRL soon, can't wait ! Glad you liked the 'funny' made me chuckle.
hugs
wynneth
x