Saturday, 18 June 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Wotcher peeps - me again,

Sun shine through the showers right now but hey, pretty sure it's only temporary respite!



Not sure whether you can see the rain but, trust me, it was coming down like a sheet!!!! You JUST about see what I mean about the "river" effect in the gutters.

So, it was off to the craft table ........ to have a go at the LIM challenge which, this week, is MONOGRAMS.

I thought I would use an instantly recognisable image and a stamp I've had for YEARS but hardly ever use. I whipped out my Memento tuxedo black pad, inked up my stamp and ........ remembered why I don't use it often! The ink sort of puddled on the solid bits - hmmmmmm, out with my sand paper and rubber and on to mark II - much better but still not perfect so - bored with this - I used a marvy le plume alcohol marker in black and carried on ...... it proved trickier than I thought and I've looked at some of the other entries and comments from Chrissie and Mandi and find myself wondering what they will make of mine ...... hmmmmmmm again!





Materials used:

  • Red C5 card and envelope
  • Rubber Stampede image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card (with corners rounded) and then filled in using pro markers and marvy le plume alcohol pens and highlighted with a white gel pen
  • Black card panel with corners rounded
  • Computer generated initials cut in to banner and outlined with an SU fineliner pen
Whilst making the above card I first laid it out on white and really didn't like it so set it aside and picked up a whole different tack .... which didn't work as a monogram for me either but did turn it to some not bad masculine cards and then I went back to "the mouse" and tried again using a red card - MUCH better (in my mind) so I ended up with three cards . . . .  RE-SULT!!!!



Materials used:
  • C5 stardream card and envelope
  • Brown organza ribbon
  • Crafty Individuals image inked in Memento rich cocoa


Materials used:
  • C5 Stardream card and envelope
  • Brown organza ribbon
  • Crafty Individuals image inked in Memento rich cocoa on to white card, cut out closely and inked using distress inks in Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo
  • Tan panel with corners rounded and then treated with the "leftover" ink on my Tim Holtz blending tool (we crafters hate waste.
  • Funstamps image inked in Memento rich cocoa directly on to the base card

Hope the weather isn't quite so weird where you are and that you are enjoying your Saturday - I'm off now to work on the themed challenge for tomorrow!!!


41 comments:

Debs M said...

wow 3 fabby cards, love the crafty individuals ones...i so need to step away from character stamps! x

Mandi said...

Well MM is definitely monogram Kathy!
Super card!
Sure you meant it as Mickey Mouse, rather than Mandi Moore [me] lol
I find when Im inking solid areas, i kinda rub the ink pad over rather than blot. Not even sure if this will help, but, for me, it seems to go a bit more even. Sure Chrissie will help!
We have sun here but really windy.
Thasnk as always
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Craftilicious said...

Love the idea of using Mickey - brilliant iconic use of him an his initials ;-D

StampingStace said...

Love your Mickey Mouse card - and the monogram was a fab idea - love it!
Stacex

Zoƫ said...

I love Mickey Mouse and yours is fab. Zx

Sandy said...

Love all the cards, I remember watching Mickey when I was younger, LOL, I'm the same age as you and I love purple, I wear it quite a lot. Anything purple in the shops is sure to get a look even if I don't buy it. Even have my friends trained to buy purple!.
Anyway good luck in the LIM challenge and I've joined as a follower too.
Sandy

Brenda Brown said...

What a great crafty day. Love your cards.
Rain and sunshine here. xox

Ang C said...

A great set of cards - love Mickey though

Diane said...

Great MM card..and a clever use of a monogram!!

Debgem said...

Great cards - the Mickey Mouse one is just fab!!

Your photo of the rain is amazing - we've been quite lucky here - the sun stayed out for the school fair!

Hazel said...

All brilliant makes, well done you. We've had rain like that as well, yukky. Hazel x

SannaS said...

oh WOW!!! all cards are absolutely brilliant!! beautiful!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Dolly Daydreams said...

Well done Kathy ! These are all perfect each and everyone. Especially the Mickey Mouse fab colours. Have a great weekend, hope the sun shines for you.

Marie

Diane J said...

Im a huge Disney fan, MM is my all time favourite, so I was drawn to your card straight away :o) Its fab.
Your other cards are lovely too.
Diane x

Dana Leigh said...

The MM card is so cute! All of your cards are lovely. I'm in Minnesota, USA and it's raining here too. Good day for crafting.

Suzilou said...

Love your Micky Mouse card, we have had rain like that then sunshine then rain, washing has been in and out! :)

Lynne said...

All of your cards are lovely. We had one heavy shower this morning...guess who got caught in it? lol.
Lynne xxx

Beryl K said...

Great cards, love the Micky Mouse one.
Beryl x

My name is Wynneth said...

Three faberooney cards you've created PP ! I lurve the second one best - I do like that CI image (don't have that one .... yet !) Loving your monogram card too, who doesn't love the Mouse :o) Great image against the red background.
hugs
wynneth
x

Fiona said...

Wow Kathy, your Mickey card is so striking. Love the vibrant red background and the stamping looks perfect to me.
Thanks for your kind words about Mum.

Margaret said...

Brilliant cards Kathy, love MM!
Margaret x

Susan said...

Kathy, love all your cards...but I really love MM...he's adorable!!
My Card

Chrissie said...

Great monogram card Kathy... definite monogram too... the letters represent the words rather than being part of them!
As to the inking business... much depends on the cardstock which you are using to stamp onto. I think Memento ink is a super one to use for detailed stamping. I often experiment with various inks on scrap to find out which gives the best effect with the combination of stamp and cardstock that I want to use.I often try with and without a stamping mat under the card too. When I apply the ink, I twist the inkpad a little and then just dab slightly and always check to see of the coverage looks even before I stamp.
What a palaver!
Anyway super card and have a good Sunday!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Your Mickey Mouse card is super Kathy. Like the other two too. We had that sort of rain as well yesterday, glad it's dry today. Carol x

Suze Bain said...

Super cards Kathy, the Mickey one is just fab, what a great idea. xx

jo said...

Great cards! Love Mickey!!

Rosemary said...

wonderfully fun card!!

Kim Singdahlsen said...

Don't you just love the creative process? You started one direction and ended up going down a TOTALLY different path and then back to the beginning! And you have some great cards to show for it!

I had to pop over and see your blog as you have so kindly been commenting on mine. I am so glad that I did and look forward to future posts!

Kim

Molecraft said...

Fab, fun card, love it!
Helen x

Netty said...

These are fab cards Kathy. Love your LIM MM card. Annette x

Aileen said...

Love your cards Kathy, especially Mickey Mouse. He looks fab! x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Three stunners all Fabulous.....
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Valerie said...

Fab cards Kathy and just love Mickey, you've coloured him beautifully!
Val x

Willy said...

Three beautiful cards!

fatmonica said...

They're all gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

The red Mickey card is just fabulous and I love the way you positioned his initials so that he's looking at them.

Kathleen said...

Great MM card, and it really does look great on red.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

I love your Mickey! Despite all the difficulties, he turned out great!

Faith A said...

A Fabulous Mickey card, perfect in fact :)
Love your masculine cards too.

kingstonmama said...

So cute, Kathy. I love your Mickey! Great monogram.

Theresa said...

Great cards...the Mickey Mouse is just fantastic!!