Monday, 27 June 2011

Afternoon readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Wotcher fellow swelterers!

Hot one again today - for the UK that is! We look set for much of the country to reach 31°c today and very few of us lucky enough to have the benefit of air conditioning - there may be a few people (myself amongst them) likely to experience trouble sleeping tonight! Good Luck!

Of course, if you have kids ..... there's always the hose pipe - though it probably won't be too long before a hosepipe ban is imposed!

Good to see my followers have returned, so, welcome back - assume you were all on the coach heading to Glastonbury! Did you enjoy it?

I have nothing at all planned this week - not even a dental appointment!!! I'm quite sure that will change as the week marches on but I do have a bit of a craftathon planned for the weekend and I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

I just wish that more of my craft-y pals lived closer so we could get together more often and without such major upheaval! I know that both Wynneth and Lauren live close to craft-y pals and get together fairly regularly, to craft and chat. I have one pal who lives a couple of miles from me ...... but she works and my other craft-y pal lives 30+ miles from me and is on childminder duty several days each week so we have to plan ahead too! No matter, this weekend WILL be a whole lotta fun and I am hugely looking forward to it and hope the others are too. I'm also looking forward to meeting up with Rosie for dinner (how was your holiday hun?) and Debs (how's the neck, matey?) and next week, Katie (how was the trip over from Holland?) so I guess that little lot will more than make up for nothing the early part of the week!! I may need a holiday to get over it and I just KNOW I'm going to get inky fingers!

I've had no opportunity to craft yet and hubby seems intent on dragging me to Costco as they've a special offer on tyres at the mo ..... and we need FOUR!!!

Happy Monday peeps - have a lovely day and ...... stay cool!!! (if you can!)


6 comments:

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

Hi, Kathy
Hope you doing okay! It is not quite that warm on our end as we only reached 16C! Enjoy your week and the Craftathon sounds like fun! Still can't get into CB! Say hello to everyone for me!
Hugs Kobie

Debs M said...

bearing up, gonna try a trial drive tomorrow so hopefully that will all go well, will be so gutted if i have to cancel..anyway positive thoughts and painkillers!
enjoy tyre shopping! blergh! x

scrappyjacky said...

Baking hot here as well.....sounds like a very crafty week next week.

craftattack said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Havea nice week, it's hot here too - for a change!
Valerie

My name is Wynneth said...

Didn't need to keep cool down here in Cornwall today, we've had torrential rain and the odd thunderstorm rolling around :O( Don't think I'll have any problems sleeping tonight - not heat realated any way !!! Not long til the craftathon now !! the excitement is mounting !!!
hugs
wynneth
x

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, thanx for the smashing comment you left on my LIM challenge card. I love the cute little penguins on your entry, nice take on the sketch. I hope your hubby is on the mend, mine was back at work today & feeling fine.
Sally x