Saturday, 4 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Karen reminded me that I had yet to make a card my dear hubby so I decided that the sketchie had best be it - his fave colour is red so that was the easy bit! I bought a wonder set of snowmen stamps at Lakeland Art & Glass earlier in the year and yet only ever seem to use the small one so this is the first outing of the larger snowman - isn't he adorable? The set also included the sentiment. The sketch to follow appeared in my earlier post in case you missed it. I cut three panels of textured red card and three panels of the fab striped paper (deemed more masculine than some Christmas-y papers) then I cut the panel across the middle and also added a piece of my wonderful Costco snowflake ribbon. I already had the die cut circles (plain and scalloped) in cream so I simply coloured them using Barn Door and Faded Jeans before stamping my tree silhouette stamp in memento tuxedo black. I then stamped my snowman and sentiment in memento tuxedo black too and coloured my image using pro markers, liquitex pearl and then holographic glitter and then I merely assembled the card and made myself a matching insert with the snowman image and the sentiment stamped on the envelope - I just hope he loves it!!!

Thanks for stopping by my second post of the day - have a great evening, catch you tomorrow peeps.

4 comments:

jackid said...

Lovely card Kathy I'm sure Steve will love it and how could you forget to do one for him tut tut
take care
J XX

scrappyjacky said...

He certainly is adorable...in fact the whole card is....I'm sure he'll love it.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well that is just lovely. I love your tree background too. Top job there Mrs K. Lx

craftybunny said...

Hi Kathy.Thanks for the visit.Super card.Love everything!Sure your Hubby will love it.
Lisa x