Sunday, 12 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

And the themed challenge for this coming week is decorations!! I've chosen tree decorations! I took delivery of some new nellie snellen dies earlier this week and that's how I made this first one, using three different sized dies and cutting two outer and two inner. I sandwiched some very narrow satin ribbon between the two swinging shapes and glued together. I then looped the ribbon so that I would have a "hanger" before sticking the two larger shapes together. I then stamped the Papermania bauble in versamark ink and sprinkled red tinsel embossing powder which I then melted and adhered the shape to my dangling panel and there you have the first decoration.


For the second one I used a template from Splitcoaststampers - really (REALLY) simple to  make (check it out here ) and some DCWV Shimmer double sided cardstock for the box. I punched my holes using my crop-a-dile and then threaded some narrow white satin ribbon through the holes to form the hanger (I can put a gift inside at some point between now and Christmas!!!). I then stamped my inkadinkado star in versamark ink on white card before embossing using Roman Gold. I then cut out my snowflake and then matted on to black card before adhering to the bronze triangle box and there you have a second decoration!

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

These are beautiful Kathy. I love your Star box. So sumptuous! Lx

Katiejane said...

What great ways to make your own decs! These are fab Kathy.
Katie x

Debs M x said...

gorgeous Kathy x

Dora said...

These are fantastic Kathy, love them both, especially the embossed snowflake xx