Monday, 6 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Wotcher - me again, I keep trying to just do one post per day but, with this cold weather, I find I don't really want to go out quite as much!!!

That said, I was summoned this morning by my friend three doors away, for coffee. Imagine my surprise when she told me that she had visiting dogs. I was greeted at her door, by dogs . . . . lots of dogs! Now anyone who knows me knows that I'm a dog lover and that my last dog (Poppy) was a bearded collie cross . . . . Jenny had three visiting beardies (in addition to her own Lhasa Apso) hence summoning hubby and I for coffee. We had met Beth, Tigger and Lucky before and they seemed delighted to see us - but we weren't sure whether they remembered us or just identified us as "suckers"!!! Coffee and flapjacks were proffered and none for the dogs! This is a terrible photo of me (I wouldn't normally wear this ensemble but it's kind of dog proof!!!) but you see Beth in the foreground and Tigger . . . . . well, back view of Tigger; at this point Lucky was "helping" Jenny to make the tea and bring in the flap jacks (ever the optimist!).





Once back home and with lunch over I put the TV on to watch "The Ghosts of Berkeley Square" (a black and white comedy film) and set to work on producing some place cards for our holiday visitors . . . won't bore you with all of them (especially as I haven't finished them all) but here's one I made earlier ....... I used an ATC blank which I folded in half to make it stand up then cut another ATC sized piece of white card on to which I stamped my lovely little snowman and the name ALAN. I coloured my snowman using pro markers, Spica glitter and Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pens. One down six to go . . . .




Hope your day is going OK and that you are managing to stay warm and cosy and crafting!

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Verrrry nice Kathy. I do love that little snowman. He looks GREAT!

Awwwww, very jealous of your Collie Cuddles of the Beardie kind. Aren't they gorgeous... Lx

Dora said...

Those dogs look LARGE !!! and so cuddly too :) I love your snowman place cards, so cute and glittery xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Aw.....lucky you to have all those doggies to cuddle :O) Sounds like a great time was had by all ;O)

Fabulous place card design my dear, loving that little snowie, he's soooo.... cute :O)

Hope it's a tad warmer for you when you look out the window in the morning!
hugs
wynneth
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Aww, gorgous pics kathy. I have to wear black, white or grey, as my two springers are B/W and NOTHING is dog-proof! :D lol.

Love the glittery stand-up card, a real jolly snowman

hugs

xxalisonxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy - seems like you had a good morning.
Love the place card idea - and such a simple but effective way to make them.
Hope all is well with you.
luv {brenda} xoxox