Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Morning all

Hi there,

Here I am, determined not to make a Christmas card today but wondering what I can do ...... Wide awake at 06:00 again this morning with an idea for a stocking present (do check back later as I got overtaken with another idea first!!!) and definitely taken with Lauren's themed challenge of decorations. I trawled youtube and found this - a really really simple ornament . . . check out the tutorial here, I even used the same DCWV Winter paper stack!!! - AND discovered that they are actually 6" x 4½"!!! but hey! I used three sheets and cut them in to 1" strips and punched holes through the stack using the larger hole punch on my crop-a-dile, I had a HUGE amount of white organza ribbon which was very slightly wider than specified so I used an extra couple of inches . . . aside from that there are no other materials required other than a smidge of glue from your glue gun - it's that simple.

Do check back later and see if my other project got finished. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to reading your comments . . . .

4 comments:

Debs M x said...

fab tutorial, it looks great Kathy x

Lauren Hatwell said...

OMG...swooning in appreciation. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the ribbon and the beautiful blues. Lock it away safe...I'm starting up the car...its MINE!!!!! Lx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy yeah I have been trying new signatures as the one I had wouldn't work any more then every one I tried kept leaving posts on my blog so I deleted them they were only adverts pain in the backside so thats why you couldn't comment on them or whatever to be honest & you should know by now it doesn't take a lot to confuse me either lol by the way I do really love this decoration you made it's beautiful
Jacki xx

Katiejane said...

Oh Kathy I love this, it's adorable, you could make enough to kit out the whole tree, it'd look amazing! Going off now to check that link out :)
Katie x