Sunday, 19 December 2010

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Still cold here, no m ore snow but what we have has frozen solid - well it IS -6° here this morning - brrrrr!

Think staying in and staying warm might be the order of the day! My ever intrepid hubby, for whom model plane flying is as much an obsession as my crafting is to me, has conceded defeat and has no plans to sally forth to stand for hours in a deeply frozen field!!! I think he IS about to head north - well, as far as the end of the garden anyway, to put some bird seed and nuts out and a fresh bowl of water. Me? I need to do laundry, vacuuming and seriously DULL (DULL DULL) stuff like that. We have guests arriving for Christmas, weather permitting, later in the week and I also need to make my spare room habitable - no mean feat if you'd seen it recently! It looked like a war zone.

Anyhoo, last nights dinner plans were, very sensibly, cancelled by the weather and our friends in Thatcham remained home and safe - we'll catch up with them once the weather improves. So we stayed home and watched the final of "Strictly" instead, with a glass (or two) of wine and I also did a little light crafting.

A second sketchie resulted. The theme was to KEEP IT SIMPLE and I chose to complicate this theme by using my fave post it technique. SO, I die cut a scalloped oval and set aside, using the offcut as a mask I coloured in the scalloped oval using distress inks in wild honey, spiced marmalade and barn door. After removing the negative I then placed the actual scalloped oval over my just coloured oval and added post its to create a "panel" before colouring this panel using just the barn door ink. I then took a second chipboard butterfly (sent to me by ScrappyJacky - so THANKS, Jacky) and applied some quickie glue to the edges, feelers and body - once dried to tacky I applied JonesTones foil and then applied glossy accents to the whole butterfly before liberally sprinkling with ultrafine crystal glitter and setting aside to dry. Back to my card . . . . taking my inkadinkado clear stamp from their autumnal set I inked it up with memento tuxedo black and stamped around the scalloped oval. I re-inked and stamped till I was happy with the layout and then, once dry, I attached the butterfly to the top left corner and added my S.U. image and there you have my second sketchie - not QUITE so simple and not QUITE so sketchie but I LIKE IT and hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will leave me a comment. Do stop by again later as we've not seen the Sunday themed challenge yet so there may be more crafting to come!!!!

Stay warm and safe whatever you have in mind for today everyone.

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Our snow is just a sheet of ice now as well.

clare said...

hope you got all those chores done! love you card, great colours to try and warm us up! i think mum might have enough tags now but another handful might be needed so will wait and see. x

joanne wardle said...

really clever use of masking. great card
Joanne

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Good luck with the tidying. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Quite the Domestic Goddess today then Mrs K !! LOL Stunning card too - those DI colours are a great combination and I love that stamp :O)

Wise of you both to stay home today I think :O)

hugs
wynneth
x