Thursday, 30 December 2010

MY SCRAPBOOK'S FINISHED - Hurrah! 2nd post - please scroll down to read my earlier post

I decided that I really wanted to start my new year in the big girls (12" x 12") album so set about finding a photo to use this morning. When I spent an afternoon out in the hoare frost on December 7th I took a number of photos and this is one of the ones I didn't use yet - it's just a photo of a playing field/dog walking field but the frost makes it special and looks almost black and white!

For the journalling I produced it on the PC and cut it to fit my Martha Stewart PATP deep scallop down either side. I used three stamps from the delicious HP1009EZ - I hope you approve, along with D.I. in Faded Jeans, the grey one who's name escapes me, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and the wondrous Black Soot! I also used pearl plum embossing powder for the resist. I love the resist flower and the birds in the hedge but think I should perhaps have saved the single flower across the top for another project - but hey, the benefit of hindsight's a wonderful thing!!! I also thought about adding gems but thought this would detract from the resist flowers, don't know what you all think????.

My scrap album is NOW COMPLETE! Hurrah - and I can now move in to my new album with the start of 2011.

Hope your day is going to plan and that you have brighter/better weather than we do - I'm sat here with the light on!, still, the nights are getting shorter!!!!!






6 comments:

jackid said...

Kathy that is lovely love the colours you have used they suit the pic to a T well done it looks fab
Jacki xx

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely layout,Kathy....and it always feels so good to finish an album.

Cherry said...

Well done Kathy for finishing your album -a real achievement and the excitement of starting a new one too. That page is stunning - the blues are wonderfully rich and really suit your pic. Love the resist effect too.

Have a wonderful eve. Hugs Cherry xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's PERFICK! That's what it is.... LOVE IT. Lx

Dora said...

Hi Kathy this is lovely, what a beautiful photo and that MS punch is awesome, don't think I've seen it before. and no... the stamps are clear ones, and they're missing with all the packaging .. I can't understand where they are :( Happy New Year to you too xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Kathy I love this layout - the piccie is fabulous and I'm blown away by the effects you achieved on the background. Those resist flowers against the luscious and rich blues (etc) are just beautiful.
hugs
wynneth
x