Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Welcome to hump day Wednesday - sure comes round fast

Wednesday dawned late for us today as I've had a couple of disturbed nights so appear to have caught up on my "beauty" (?!) sleep by not surfacing till just before 9!!! YAY!

Postman and parcel delivery brought lots of cards and my LONG AWAITED parcel (ordered November 15th and beginning to despair of its arrival) containing the last of my Christmas shopping. I was ahead of the game until then and had visions of having to hit the shops this weekend (far from ideal) had it not arrived this week. Anyway, the long and the short of it has been that I have been able to complete my Christmas wrapping and will, this afternoon, be able to return my spare bedroom to a state where someone might be able to sleep in it!! I was surprised at how long it took to wrap this mornings incoming and when I tried to shoe horn these gifties in to the non space under my tree it is beginning to be apparent that my tree is taking on a life of its own! Take a look and judge for yourself - the odd coloured presents are incoming and all the rest are currently still to go out!! BLIMEY, I never set out to buy BIG presents but that's just the way it turned out this year.

It's also WOYWDW over on Craft Mad & Loving It and so here is my workdesk. I MUST do something about storage and space there too as I simply don't have enough of it - as you can see, I am trying to use my stash of pro markers which severely restricts the space available - oh dear!

And finally, the card I was making on my WOYWDW desk . . . . I used a piece of 6" x 4" DCWV Christmas glitter stack of card and used the corner punch of the Poinsettia Martha Stewart PATP. I die cut a circle from a piece of green (from my DCWV Shimmer stack) and mounted my Lakeland Art & Glass snowman (isn't he just the cutest?) on to this circle before coloring him using pro markers, Atyou Spica glitter pens and Crystal stickles. I stamped the Papermania sentiment on a strip of white card and rounded the corners before adhering it slightly behind the green circle. A simple card but quite sweet. I stamped the holly image on the envelope and coloured using pro markers and stickles and will post it out as soon as its dry!!!

Hope you are having a good Wednesday - what's on your workdesk?????

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

The tree lives!!! It looks so festive Kathy. Those parcels look very glam don't they.

A busy workdesk is a joy to behold and I do love that cute little snowman nestled in his forest of christmas trees. You must be way ahead of the game by now. I'm still limping along...sniff...

Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

BEEOOOTIFUL tree Kathy and very elegant gifties nestled there :O)

Lovely snowie card coming from your busy workdesk too :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Love the co-ordinated gifts Kathy! What a sweet card, I love how you decorated the envelope.
Katie x