Monday, 20 December 2010

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week

Morning,

I've scheduled this post as I'm off to the dentist first thing this morning. As I type this on Sunday evening it is -7°! YIKES - it might  be a slippy trip - if you don't hear from me again then you will know I broke something! Wish me luck!

Anyway, yesterday over on Craftbubbles Craft Mad & Loving It group it was Karen's turn to set the sketch (on Saturday) and the themed challenge (on Sunday). You've seen the sketch (if you've missed it then do scroll down to check it out) and the theme this week is ANYTHING BUT A CHRISTMAS CARD! I can relate to that as I'm all Christmas card-ed out! Anyway, I thought I would have a go at something a little different for me . . . . a pop up card, I have had the pop up bag template in my collection for AGES and not used it. A handbag? (very Importance of being Ernest!) so what better than the La Pashe stamp set I bought on a recent foray to Newcastle. I used burgundy Bazzill card stock cut to 15cm x 15cm and black card stock and then some fab spotty card stock from Papermania, the pearly brad fastening on the bag was part of the fab Costco scrap booking kit acquired recently and the pearl embellishments came from the Craftsforall show in Bristol in October. I coloured my image using pro markers and Atyou Spica glitter pens. I think it qualifies as a Christmas card it ain't!!!

Thanks for stopping by, do please leave a comment and have a safe Monday in all this ghastly weather.

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy, I thought I would log on and say hello to a few friends. Sorry I still haven't got time to pop over regularly, with Mum in hospital, but I see you have been busy making and creating lovely things.
Hope the dentist visit goes ok. It's just started snowing here again and wasn't forecast till this afternoon.
If I don't get to visit again this week, have the most wonderful Christmas, and enjoy the festive season with family and friends.
Take care, keep warm and well. Luv {brenda} xoxox

Lauren Hatwell said...

A Handbaaaaaag!!! Very nice too Kathy. I hope I get a chance to play with the challenge this evening. I MUST do some tidying and some laundry first though...tempting though it is to allow myself to be distracted... Good luck at the dentist. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a triumph of papercraft young Kathy :O) Fabulous Dahlink! A girl can never have too many handbags after all :O) That La Pashe stamp is great and lovely colouring too :O)

Hope the dentist trip isn't too painful and that you return home all safe and sound - be careful out there !
hugs
wynneth
x