Saturday, 1 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Wotcher,

Done a fair bit of tidying up following the Christmas festivities and the boxes are back down from the loft - a sure indication that Christmas is virtually over.

I hope anyone feeling a smidge delicate following last evening's celebrations has recovered - since we were early to bed it wasn't us!!! I've even managed some crafting today. Obviously a sketchie, which I'm also entering in the "ANYTHING GOES" challenge over on ILPM's. I used a white C6 card and cut a piece of DCWV Shimmer card stock slightly smaller than my base card. I stamped on this card using memento ink in tuxedo black and using my Inkadinkado dot flourish clear stamp. I also had a small offcut of DCWV embossed spotty card for the top panel and some toning Coredinations. I attached velvet ribbon (a Christmas gift from my crafting Secret Santa so thank you Cindy). I stamped my docrafts sentiment on white card and cut closely round it before mounting on a piece of the coredinations and then the DCWV shimmer and adhering to the velvet ribbon. The Crafty Individuals image was also stamped on white card in memento ink before colouring with Pro Markers. I do hope you like it.

The second piece of work today started life as an offcut from a piece of 12" x 12" paper - left over from cutting the sheet down to my 8½" x 11" format. I used an edging punch all along one end and then scored in each "valley" of the punched image before folding "hill", "valley", "hill", "valley" along the length. I then stuck the two ends together and cut two zig zag circles for top and bottom (basically to hold it flat!). I die cut a tag from DCWV shimmer card in green (the same as I used for the top and bottom circle) and then attached a length of narrow satin ribbon (the wonderful Michaels at 50c a reel!) and then (using my glue gun) attached to the rear of my "flower" and there you have a nice little embellished gift tag, as really rather simple to make too!

Hope you've all had a good day - now I'm off to watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!


11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous card. I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it.

Loving that second project. You HAVE been busy.

Lx

Spyder said...

Yes, me too, ...(had Harry Potter on while typing) Have you see the new one, bit slow I thought, but can't wait to see the new one later this year! Happy New Year!
(Lyn)

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card Kathy
Hugz Fleur xXx

joanne wardle said...

thanks for the comments. these are really lovely. I really like the tag.

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
I didn't get a new side kick for xmas...might just struggle on until I can buy one for myself...or keep trying the sad face. I can tell you it is not working quite as well since I started earning my own money.
I had Harry Potter on as well but we haven't really got into them as a family. My girls not at all interested. What a nice surprise to find I have won the Stamping vacation prize...some craft shopping to do! Let you know what I get...x

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, lovely card. Hope you enjoyed Harry Potter. Hugs xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous projects Kathy. I'm loving the rich plummy shades you're using and your flower is fantastic. Will have to give one of those a try sometime soon !
hugs
wynneth
x

katesacraftybugger said...

Hi Kathy , lovely nostalgic colours ,they suit your image perfectly -thanks for joining us at I♥ promarkers -Kate

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy - hope all is well with you.
Thanks for staying in touch and leaving me lovely comments.
I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011 and hope it is all you wish for yourself.
Thankyou for being such a lovely blogging friend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

judie said...

love that image there Kathy, great projects

hugs
judie xx

Karen said...

Lovely Kathy, love the image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx