Sunday, 23 January 2011

Sunday themed challenge #28

Morning everyone and welcome to a nice relaxing Sunday morning.

I'm off to my pals for coffee in a bit - she's been away at her mum's all week so we've some catching up to do.

Was it me yesterday or was there precious little on the TV? Sat down to watch an episode of NCIS only to discover we'd seen it before (once or twice!) so retired to bed with a book!

Anyway, since my debut as temporary Design Team Member yesterday it falls to me to set the Sunday challenge for the week too. These themed challenges are always set on a Sunday and can really be about anything from a recipe to a simple (or complicated) theme. Since it's my first themed challenge I thought I would be gentle with my fellow crafters and came up with "Monkeying around"!!!! Interpret how you wish but . . . I just had to use the fab Changito stamps recently acquired in Florida - I made the Orange and white one first but then decided to have another go with the lovely "Drive me Happy" Changito too. And before any eagle eyed readers point out my spelling mistake . . . Changito's registration number is: M0(zero) NKY

Materials used:
  • Red C6 card and matching envelope
  • Double sided tape
  • Gilding flakes
  • Driving Changito image and matching sentiment stamped in memento tuxedo black on to white card
  • Pro Markers and Atyou Spica glitter pens to colour image
  • Gold mirri card circle
  • Faux gemstones to accent



Materials used:
  • QVC card and envelope (covered with white card to disguise the DISGUSTING design on the original!)
  • Post It notes to mask
  • Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Tea Dye to colour Changito and coconuts!
  • Changito jungle images and sentiments

Have a wonderful Sunday and feel free to stop by and tell me your plans for the day.


6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A real fun card,Kathy....enjoy your Sunday.

Debs M x said...

fab cards Kathy...need to get my thinking cap on... x

jackid said...

That is really wierd Kathy as yesterday with the challenge I printed of a monkey digi stamp but decided not to go with him but now I can use him today lol there was absolutely nothing on at all yesterday unless you love footie which Phil does he even made me record casualty how dare he
Jacki xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous cards young Kathy and a fiendish theme for your first DT sunday challenge ;o)

You are doing a great job of keeping Lauren's seat warm.

hugs
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, love the colours and fun element to them.
I am just catching up with blogging buddies this afternoon.
Sorry for having been a bad blogging buddy recently but thankyou for keeping in close touch this week, I have really appreciated the contact and the support.
Have a wonderful Sunday and great week ahead.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

joanne wardle said...

brilliant, and of course I LOVE that second one ;)