Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Morning - here it is hump day Wednesday . . . again!

Morning and how is your Wednesday starting off?
Ours got off to a rubbish start but I'm getting ahead of myself . . . Last evening hubby cooked a fajitas. Now he's a very GOOD cook but last night it just didn't taste right and well, it was really rather salty. No, let's get honest - it was VERY VERY VERY salty!!! I suspect the measurements used may have been biggie sized, by accident - he's not all that great with spoon sizes!!
Anyhoo, it gets to bed time and I pour us both a glass of water . . . .  mine's gone before I get in to bed so I go back down and get another. Long story short I made four more of these trips to get water and this morning feel as though I was then on rails to the bathroom - for obvious reasons (who fully wakes up for bathroom breaks - its an instinct isn't it?)!!! Hmm - I won't go in to details as to how this fajitas affected my hubby - it's too early in the morning for that! (as I type this it is anyway, though it won't get posted for a bit).
It's WOYWDW over on Craftbubble and, frankly, there's not a lot on my workdesk at the moment although I do plan to attack the new ILPM challenge which is to KEEP IT SWEET AND SIMPLE and to, obviously, colour with pro markers! I STILL have a scrap layout to do but haven't really been anywhere to take any photos since Kylie set the challenge!!! Maybe later!



There has been quite an intermission since I started this post in draft form ..... due entirely to a power cut, there I was, with one leg literally in the shower cubicle and the power went off!!! No power = no shower!!! Hmmm, no cuppa, no nothing!

Gave me chance to make a card though . . . this one is an entry for the ABC of Christmas challenge which this week is B ..... for black and white. Also going to be entering this in for challenge #64 "one Layer Wonder over on the little red wagon blog here. I'm enjoying these challenges (albeit this IS only the second) and the result should be an A-Z of 25 cards come December! I am definitely a big fan of the clean and simple at the mo, with white space too and this one just sort of lent itself to it - hope you like it



Materials used:
  • A smooth white card blank and matching envelope
  • Smooth white card, cut to fractionally smaller than the card blank
  • Penny Black image and sentiment
  • Memento ink - tuxedo black
  • Brilliance ink - lightning black
  • Fiskars corner rounding punch
Here's how the whole card looks like, with its envelope and insert 




Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday!

10 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi Kathy! thanks for playing the ABC Christmas challenge this time, love your stamped image yes C&S is lovely! good luck with the Top 3... please be aware that only entries using a Dustin Pike image are eligible for a prize, hugs Samantha :0)

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy well done. See you in the moring,Take care lilian x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

gorjuss card hun, sounds like you had an eventful evening lol xx

Debs M x said...

lovely card Kathy, great stamps x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Kathy :) LOL at commenting at my 'no show' post! :) Bless you :) I have had a rubbish day with my internet, but I have now rectified the post with explanation.

Anyhoo, lovely card my friend. I too am loving the ABC xmas challenges, and hope to get a card made for this challenge. You have made something so simple, yet very elegant and incredibly striking - (not unlike the fajitas eh? ) :D

Brill card, love it!

hugs

xxalisonxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooo... poor you, no power and just as well you weren't halfway through your shower at the time!!! Not a nice way to wake up, especially after your well disturbed night ! Hope the salt balance in your bloodstream has returned to normal by now !!

I just love this card Kathy, the black and white is just so stunning and that is one fabulous image you've used :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, I love your clean and simple card, that stamp is just perfect. Sorry to hear about your salty meal and the end to your shower. Hope alls well now. Hugs xxx

Lorraine A said...

stunning card Kathy ,,, I love the image and the simple but very stylish look of this ,,, beautiful ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

This is spectacular Kathy. The image is divine.
You do CAS so well.
And no purple!!
Helen xx

Regan said...

very nice!!