Friday, 28 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi folks,

Sorry, been MIA today - been to the craft show at Westpoint, Exeter. I met up with my friend, Sue, at 09:00 (or as I like to call it these days "stupid o'clock" - so out of the habit of rising early!) and headed off to Exeter, arriving a smidge before 10:30 and joined the line to get in! We hadn't booked tickets in advance as we weren't 100% convinced we make it so we had to wait with all the others - did get chatting to a group of ladies behind us and one was wearing a fantabulous knitted scarf - saw the wool inside too but controlled the urge - the last thing I need is another scarf right now!! Tempting though . . . My usual plan of attack (since Sue's never been to one of these shows) is to belt round quickly looking for things I want and/or know the price of before going round again and shopping at the stalls I really want to . . .  Nothing on my shopping list so how on earth did I end up with this little lot???


AND we stopped for lunch and were away by 2:00 - doesn't take us long does it? Sue? She bought some ribbon! OOOPS!! Shared a table with two very nice ladies over lunch - mother and daughter, the mother had done a quick origami make and take, she was so funny - hello if you're reading this. Back round again and a nice chat with the lady from the SNAZZY stall, said hello to the ladies from Debbie Moore and dropped your name, Karen - no discount!!! BUM Bought a Dark Room Door stamp but then couldn't find an acrylic block big enough - will have to wait till the craftathon!!!

Hubby was painting the kitchen ceiling when Sue and I got home - made him a cuppa and left him to get on with it!!!! Sue and I adjourned to talk about our day - she went home with my now redundant Quickutz Revolution - so she caught up with me on the spending . . . NEARLY!

Anyway, off to my neighbours now and there will probably be a glass imbibed so . . . CHEERS! Have a fantastic Friday everyone


7 comments:

Debs M x said...

Cheers x

Brenda Brown said...

Can't be bad no list and a full bag - seems right though.
Glad you enjoyed yourself and had a good day.
Now all that's left is just to enjoy a glass of something. I will say cheers to you later.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, it sure seems you had a nice lovely day today, even the waiting turned out to be nice :) Have fun playing with your new goodies. Hugs xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Come on Kathy....you knew things would jump in your 'basket'!!Think I spy a Timmie die there....and like the look of the CI stamp.

Cherry said...

Glad to hear you had a fab day Kathy. Let us know what you think of the Silkies - very interesting to see what they do. Have a great eve. Hugs Cherry XXx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh I would be so dangerous at one of these things! :) Good thing we dont have them up here!

Glad you had a fun day - now, what to play with first?? ;)

have a great weekend Kathy

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulous haul there Kathy. Love the masks. Really must get myself some of those. Two more yummy distress inks too. Can't wait to see what you do with that lovely TH Sizzix Die either... Lx