Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Feeling like I'm in a crafting desert today!

Now this IS the second post of today so please feel free to scroll down in order to catch the other one! My thoughts about the crafting desert have come about after all the busy-ness of the last two days . . . so I decided to set myself a little project, nothing too taxing but . . 

I don't know about you good people but I DO struggle with certain sorts of cards, masculine cards and sympathy cards. Usually, when you have to make a sympathy card for someone you know you are far too personally involved to want to make a card so I thought I would try and find a simple card which could do service for just such an occasion. I THOUGHT I might be about to enter a cutesie phase as I've gone CUTE over the last few days too and how inappropriate would that be? Well, I've also discovered the very liberating joys of white space on cards and thought this might be more appropriate than gamboling cartoon animals!! Am I right? Truly, nothing would please me more than NEVER ever having to send this card but two things in this world appear certain: death and taxes.



Materials used:
  • Smooth white card blank and matching envelope
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamp
  • Penny Black image stamp
  • Black Organza ribbon courtesy of the fabulous ribbon aisle at Micheal's
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Brilliance lightning black ink
Please feel free to leave me a comment on my card or the World in general - I love to read your comments, it's like having post!! Even if you don't leave me a comment then I hope you will be enjoying your Triffik Tuesday!

9 comments:

Debs M x said...

very simple and elegant, like you i can't even bear the thought of having to make a sympathy card x

scrappyjacky said...

It's just right for a sympathy card,Kathy.

Dora said...

This is fabulous Kathy, so elegant. Yes, like you I struggle so much with the clean and simple cards but then with men's cards ................. no comment!!! Hugs xxx

Ina said...

It's absolutely perfect...classic and elegant. Love it! You're right, creating and knowing what to say in a sympathy card is challenging for many of us. What an inspired idea to make one when you're not in immediate need!

Linda Cain said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I wish I had your email! Your blog is so fun to read!
Linda

jackid said...

Hi Kathy yep sympathy cards are hard to do but I think you have it spot on there well done it's lovely
Jacki xx

Dawn said...

It's perfect for the purpose you intended!
HUgs
Dawn xxx

Cherry said...

Kathy I think this card works very well indeed - certainly a good idea to make before the hour of need to take away the emotion. Hugs Cherry XXX

Fleur said...

It's perfect Kathy. Hugz Fleur xXx