Sunday, 2 January 2011

It's the first Sunday of the New Year .....


and my decorations are, mostly, taken down and put in boxes and bags ready to return to the hidey hole in the loft till November ..... just the outside lights which need to dry out before putting away. Everywhere looks so bare - least it will once I've vacuumed up the tinsel and lametta bits! Guess I should put away the Christmas CD's too - who knows? next Christmas I might even have an IPod with it all on! Hey, I can dream - can't I?

Sunday has brought a new challenge and, once again, this has been set by Lauren over on Craft Mad & Loving It and Lauren has selected RESTORE, RENEW and RECYCLE as her theme for the week - interpret it as you will. Fancy having a go? Well follow my earlier link to Lauren's challenge.

As for me, well I've not had much chance to have a go yet but ...... here's what I DID come up with, bet you can't guess what it is I've recycled!!! YEAH .... RIGHT! It's actually a piece of our old computer that hubby didn't want to trust to the recycling facility! As the eagle eyed readers I know I have will spot - this also features yesterday's challenge sketch - two birds one stone - how's that for recycling too!

I used a numbered sheet of DCWV paper and an offcut (literally cut the last inch off the exact piece) of glittery black and white DCWV card, some silver holographic card run through an embossing folder for a previous project and a leftover piece of grey and piece of black card and there you have my recycled card . . . . . sad to say that the card will also have to be renewed at some point - because, dummy that I am (and speed of light crafter!) I stuck it all on upside down and it opens to the left - DUH!!!! However, what I MIGHT do is stick another card to it to make it a zig zag fold out guy card - whaddya reckon? that would certainly RENEW it!

Crafts International have birthday candy - closing on January 6th with the winner announced on the 7th pop along here and register to win.



7 comments:

Lilian said...

The card is very nice Kathy and its ok i didn't notice it was upside down and I have done the same as you and the cards open the wrong way. Like the idea of the zig zag.
Take care lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Zig zag would be good,I think.
My decs stay up another week....I love them....but xmas music is definately banished!!

Brenda Brown said...

Great recycling Kathy, very unusual. I think I would cut off the wrong bit and then mount it onto a new card.
I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011 and hope it is all you would wish for yourself.
Thankyou for being such a great blogging friend and leaving me lovely comments.
Take care. Luv {brenda} xoxox

Craftyrose said...

Very clever card our Kathy! Yep, ban the music!

Dora said...

Wow that was quick, putting away all the decorations ... we still have friends coming over the week, so will keep them up for some more days. PS yes, that post is scheduled for tomorrow, a Blog Hop at Stamp Fairy, hope to see you hopping along. Hugs xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh well, it really IS a great card Kathy. Brilliant take on the theme if I may say so. Lx

Debs M x said...

fab card, great idea x