Friday, 7 January 2011

Friday Funny

Evening,

Bet you all thought I'd forgotten today's post! Well I hadn't - I was just waiting for something interesting and/or crafty to happen . . . . not much did - sorry, so I'm going to bore you with my day!

First of all - we were told it was going to snow overnight . . . did it? That'll be a no then - but don't get me wrong as I am SOOOOO not sorry about that. What it DID do, however, was rain . .  for much of the day.

Since hubby had gone out yesterday and topped up on the groceries (in readiness for the much vaunted SNOW) but had failed to get my all important alcohol free baby wipes - for cleaning my stamps as my work area is nowhere near a sink! So I thought I'd best head out to get them as I was down to my last three. SUCCESS . . . in Tescos so, whilst I was out, I thought I would have a mooch round the other stores and went in to Poundstretcher and bought two storage boxes for . . . . no, not the £1 you might expect but £7! Still, it will allow me to take my plain and patterned card and paper offcuts out of the drawers (which no longer shut because there is so much in them) and in to one of these storage boxes. Next problem was to tidy my craft area and move stuff around now I've got this extra space. So I've primped and vacuumed and its all looking lovely AND I found my mica tiles - whoopee. I've decanted some stamp pads to take to Accrington and will give some to Lauren for her friend (Mary) who is new to crafting and some to my fellow bubble crafters (if they want them) as I cannot possibly use all the ink pads I have!! TRUE.

Looks so pretty, doesn't it?
Hubby asked me - since the sun was clearly over the yard arm - if I would like a little drinkeys (does the Pope have a balcony?). We were given an interesting gift for Christmas - from Australia - a Hardy's sparkling Chardonnay and a little jar of wild hibiscus in syrup. Anyone ever tried this confection? Apparently the hibiscus is both edible and tasty (we're warned to expect raspberries and rhubarb!) and, allegedly, the  bubbles in the chardonnay cause the flower to open.... much like the forecast snow - WRONG! but it does look real pretty in the glass! CHEERS!!!!



Can you see the hibiscus opening? Me either!!


 Anyway, it tastes just great so now ..... on to the Friday Funny.


Subject: Research

A man doing market research for the Vaseline Company knocked at the door and was greeted by a young woman with three small children running around at her feet. 'I'm doing some research for Vaseline. Have you ever used the product?'

She said, 'Yes, my husband and I use it all the time.'

'If you don't mind my asking,' he said, 'what do you use it for?'

'We use it for sex,' she said..

The researcher was a little taken aback. 'Usually people lie to me and say they use it on a child's' bicycle chain or to help with a gate hinge. But in fact, I know that most people do use it for sex.. I admire you for your honesty. Since you've been so frank so far, Can you tell me exactly HOW you use it for sex?'

After a slight pause the woman said, 'I don't mind telling you at all. My husband and I put it on the doorknob and it keeps the kids out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hope you've all had a good day and, if you have snow, have managed to keep warm too - take care.

















1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL....I do enjoy the Friday Funny Kathy

Soooo wishing I had a glass of fizz too. Thanks for sharing yours... Yum!

Lx