Sunday, 30 January 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

This should brighten up your morning!!! Over on Craft Mad & Loving It the Sunday themed challenge is "Bright and Buttons"!!! and this just sort of grew - it's nothing like it started out. In my head it was D.I. in shabby shutters with dots of Dusty Concorde (using yesterdays new stamp) and then this fab Sunday International cone flowers image in Memento Grape Jelly. Do you have any idea how that sooooooooooooo doesn't work?? Hmmm, back to the drawing board and needed to cover up mistake number one!!! And so you see the result below . . . which I hope fits the theme so much better, it sure is bright and there sure are buttons!



Materials used:
  • White DL "linen" textured card and envelope
  • Black card
  • White card
  • One lime and one purple button
  • 3" each of narrow lime and purple ribbon
  • Versacolor lime ink
  • Memento ink in grape jelly
  • Paper Mania sentiment
  • Sunday International coneflowers image
  • Glue gun
Thought I'd better get my finger out and make a card using the craft barn candy stash. However, once my bright and buttons card was done, I was plainly not having a good day as my sketchie card didn't turn out at all well. I sought a second opinion and that turned out the same as my own so I plan to have another go at that today too - but of course, you won't see that just yet! I know everyone has days when they don't like anything they do and I know I've done stuff I've hated and everyone else seems to like but I don't think yesterday was one of those days!! So, here's a clean simple-ish card with the new dies - I'm not expecting anyone to LOVE it but I do hope you don't HATE it either!!!


Materials used:
  • White "linen effect" DL card and envelope
  • Black card to die cut the cage
  • Mauve and lilac DCWV textured cardstock
  • Inkadinkado image stamped directly on to the base card using memento ink in Grape Jelly
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using memento ink in Grape Jelly
  • "Creatables" dies: bird and cage - from the craft barn

Nothing much planned here although hubby IS decorating the kitchen/utility room so, unless it's raining I guess that will continue - hurrah - the new kitchen WAS finished in April 2009!! It's not raining or snowing here (in fact it's minus 1°, but sunny!) so hubby's nipped off down the field this morning - very little keeps him from his hobby!, at least my own hobby is one where I can stay warm and dry!

Have a fab Sunday and do feel free to leave me a comment.

6 comments:

Dora said...

O I love them Kathy, the first one is beautiful and YES it is bright and buttons, love it. Hugs xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. Love cards. The birdcage is scrummy. I love the coneflower card. Lovely colour scheme and the contrast with the white is perfect. Lx

Judie aka Craftymess said...

Tis gorjuss hun, i love it and dont hate it at all

have a great day staying warm

hugs
judie xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the clean look to them and I saw those dies this morning on line and voila you have used them. They look good.
Have a great Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

clare said...

2 great cards kathy. love that lime and purple combo! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Great to see you using your Candy stash kathy, I do so love that birdcage and very nearly bought it at Westpoint ! Such soft and lovely colours you used for the bird too. Pretty card.
hugs
wynneth
x