Monday, 31 January 2011

Afternoon and welcome to the start of another week

Another week eh? Where ARE they going? I find it hard to believe that tomorrow sees the start of February and hubby's birthday looming large - thank heavens I've made his card!

Anyway, my regular readers will know that I have a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and we exchange materials, from which I will make an ATC and send back to her (with my materials for her to make an ATC). When she receives my letter she will return her original along with the ATC she makes from my materials and materials for the next challenge and so it goes on. I hope you are with me so far but, if not, don't worry as there is no exam at the end of it!

Suffice it to say . . . here are the materials I was sent and, if I'm honest, I was a bit stumped with this one!!

Frankly, there was no way I could make an ATC using JUST those materials - so I had to add a few things . . . and, ultimately, came up with this - not perfect but ARTY!!!!


Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress inks in Aged Paper, Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge
  • Metallic Rub ons in brass
  • Black card die cut using a Tim Holtz die
  • Glitzies (from Imagination Crafts) in crystal
  • Brown Marvy Le Plume pen (as I hadn't realised quite how opaque the silkies would be), grey, skin, yellow cream Marvy Le Plume pens to colour image
  • Crafty Individuals image stamped in memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
I hope you like it . . . now for some fiendish materials to send back to Pam!!!

How's your Monday coming along? It started off bitterly cold this morning (-2°) but has now warmed to a balmy 1°!!! - AND the sun has come out - YAY!

I'm off round to the post box shortly with birthday cards for some crafting buds and for my U.S. neighbour who's birthday is on the 8th - one of no less than FOUR birthdays I have cards for on the 8th!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Monday and do stop by and leave me a comment ........ I love to read them!

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Just shows what a difference the addition of a few little bits can make!!

SallyB said...

Hey Kathy,
I think you did really well as that was a real random mix of stash!
Got the holiday forms from the girls school today and hubby wants to know about internet connection for us at the villa...Wi-fi?
Can't believe it has come round so fast....

Dora said...

Yes, this looks fantastic, you did a great job. My hubby's birthday is also this month, still done nothing he he :) Hugs xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Didn't you do well. I would have been completely stumped by that little lot, I must admit. Let us know what you send back in return..mwah ha ha haarrrrr Lx

jackid said...

Well I think you did a fantastic job with what you had it would have stumped me too but well done what you did is fab
Jacki xx

Brenda Brown said...

You did a brill job Kathy, artsy indeed and nothing like I expected when I saw the bits you were to use. Love that image you found.
I sense some cunning plan to find things that will be equally if not more difficult to put together.
Sun is shining here too, trouble is it shows my dirty windows that need cleaning in my craft room. Glad you like the purlply bits of my card hehe.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

My name is Wynneth said...

You did a fabulous job with those materials Kathy, what a great image. Great ATC, I hope you've cooked up a fiendish return match with the things you are sending back !!!! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Allison said...

You did a brilliant job with what you were given. The image fits in great.