Thursday, 13 January 2011

Hi there and welcome to a soggy Thursday!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was pretty much craft free so I was determined that today should be a bit different. Of course, nothing goes according to plan and it was one o'clock before I got the chance!

Hubby was at the dentist first thing, then I got a letter from my super duper neighbour, Sally, in the U.S. who informed me she now has a notebook and (more importantly) INTERNET so I (quick as a flash) decided to send her an e-mail so that she would see it when she woke up . . . then hubby was trying to decide what he wanted to do for his birthday in February. He's thinking "theatre break" and was looking at London, nice, New York, better, or Bristol (?!) - hmmmm - jury hasn't yet reached a conclusion on that but I'm suspicious that it might turn out to be Bristol! Hmm - ScrappyJacky has suggested BRIGHTON as there's a craft show!! I'm LOVING that idea but thinking my hubby might be just a smidge less keen!!! Wonder why ...

And THAT was the morning gone - are we STILL sure there are sixty WHOLE minutes in each hour?

Anyway, I was trawling some of my regular blog haunts and then Brenda from Bumblebees and Butterflies announced she was presenting the challenge over on MAWTT and the theme this week for challenge #81 is "DREAMS" and we are advised to interpret as we see fit . . .  I decided it was time to make an ATC as I've not made one since returning from Florida - and that was NOVEMBER!!!! - so, here it is! Fancy having a go yourself? Then follow the link above and check out the details - Good Luck



Materials used:
  • Kraft card ATC blank and a scrap of white card
  • Distress Inks in: Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot
  • Main image stamp by Crafty Individuals sentiment stamps by Inkadinkado and Dragon fly by Magenta
  • Other materials: Dye cut black fancy circle, 3/8" hole punch and various fibres, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Crystal stickles applied with a cotton bud, silicon glue



11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Maybe you should do Brighton for hubby's birthday....and we can meet up at the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts Show!!!!!!
It's a pretty dismal day here as well.
Love those colours on the ATC.

Debs M x said...

great idea Kathy x

Lauren Hatwell said...

scrummy ATC Kathy. Love the colours and your fibres. Lx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy just been over to have a look and there are some fab cards over on mawtt love your ATC I might even have a go myself sticking to my resolution (enter more challenges) lol
Hope Steve's recovered from dentist nothing to painful I hope
Jacki xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hya, So glad you managed to find that spare time as this is super. What a lovely ATC. I really like it, thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Pami said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, a lovely interpretation of the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a totally spendiferous ATC you created Kathy, love the stamps and the whole layout is awesome :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Cherry said...

Just wonderful creativity Kathy. Love the kraft card and those stamps are yummy. What a lovely theme too. May have to check it out. Hugs Cherry XXx

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful ATC Kathy! I love the vintage look, and the stamped images are just perfect. Dreams, what a fab challenge!

And everyone knows that Bristol is the mecca of the theatrical elite! :) Im sure wherever you will go, you will have a fab time, and will also find some new stash somewhere? ;)

jude said...

this is absolutely lovely great interpretation of dreams!Good luck in your challenges it's gorgeous!
Hugs Judex

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous ATC Kathy, it fits the theme perfectly,
Thanks for playing with us at MAWTT this week and good luck.
Hope you've had a great weekend and that all your dreams come true.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox