Monday, 24 January 2011

Afternoon and here we are at Monday again

How's your day working out for you?

Mine started off dull, grey, chilly AND windy - not a great combination. It's warmed up now but still grey - sun's made no attempt whatsoever - I give it an F- for effort!!

Needed to make a quick card this morning and get it in the post - so keen was I that I clean forgot to photograph it!! DOH! Still, it's on its way and, as the recipient IS a  reader of my blog maybe that's just as well!

Aunt and Uncle came over this morning (regular readers will remember the Cycling Shorts foray - it's THAT Aunt and Uncle!). Bless their hearts they even came armed with their own cake! Didn't stay long enough to eat it all though so we get to do that over the next day or so!

Well my brother and his family should be back from Thailand imminently. Strangely enough hubby and I were only debating the actual date of their return today when who should we bump in to at Costco but Ann's (SIL) brother! Spooky - he couldn't remember what day this week they're due home either! They flew out on December 31st LAST YEAR - boy that makes it sound like they've been away for such a long time - doesn't it?! They were heading to a Thai wedding - lucky things. The postcard seems to indicate that they've been having a fabulous time too: they've visited exotic palaces, ridden elephants and stroked tigers (!) and apparently have the photos to prove it!! All I've ever managed was to stroke a Florida leopard (they're pretty cute too!).

Anyhoo, no crafting goodies to tempt me at Costco this afternoon but we still managed to spend an arm and a leg - where does it go? Might have something to do with the half cases of wine and the boxes of beer!!! Keeps us stocked up a while though now!

It's my friend Andrea's birthday today so Happy Birthday Andrea and crafting pal, Karen, started a new job today so let's hope that went really well too.

I've now had the chance to craft . . . . I am loving white space cards at the moment - my new favourite!!! How fickle am I  - until recently the post it method was my "new favourite" and I wonder what my next "new favourite" will be!!!



Materials used:
  • White DL card and envelope
  • Hero Arts Dog image stamped in memento tuxedo black
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped in memento grape jelly
  • Four lilac faux gemstones
  • Doggy print check ribbon from the wonderful Michaels Arts and Craft stores.

Enjoy the rest of your day peeps and do feel free to leave me a comment - I didn't get ANY post today so would love to hear from you!

5 comments:

jackid said...

you are loving this white space technique aren't you Kathy and I must say they are very smart classy cards have you seen Clare's attampt really good don't know if or when I shall take the plunge it's a bit to out of my comfy zone but the so was stamping til recently lol enjoy the cake
Jacki xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I love this clean and simple technique Kathy - so effective. What a gorgeous sentiment too :)

Now then missus, imagine me snuggling up in bed ready to read a bit of my CM&P magazine and your face popped up! :D lol. Well done, was a great little article too.

have a great week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, yes these white space cards seem to be your fave at the moment. Love this cute little puppy. I just received the Cardmaking & Papercraft mag today and yes there you were. I had wondered how I could have missed you he he :) Hugs xxx

Debs M x said...

another cas card, love the sentiment x

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving this card Kathy and such a perfect sentiment ;o)

hugs
wynneth
x