Thursday, 20 January 2011

Thursday - it's ALMOST the weekend!!

Hi folks,

How's Thursday treating you?

Hi and WELCOME to new follower HAYLEY.

I've had a funny old day again..... not like yesterday with a power cut but a funny old day nonetheless. I was meeting fellow crafter Lilian at our local Hobbycraft this morning and awoke to a frosty whiteout!! GREAT! Skates on and got ready  in record time and went out to start my car - that would be a resounding NOOOOOOOOO then! My car (Ugly, to it's friends!) was not at all interested in this starting lark and sat there sulking! - until hubby threatened it with jump leads - it soon changed its mind and started then! HOWEVER, much ice on the INSIDE to defrost and I set about clearing the frost off the outside, breaking one ice scraper in the process. I have two and they are both pretty old - or should I say I HAD two! Eventually I was on my merry way and headed first to M&S as I couldn't put off buying new underwear any longer - I have been promising myself a treat. Of course I NOW remember why I keep putting it off - I HATE the lingerie department of M&S and am reminded of a Christmas edition of Father Ted when the priests couldn't find their way out! I tried on what "used" to be my size only to be sadly disappointed - bra's ARE supposed to latch aren't they? well these DIDN'T so it was on to plan B and back with the next batch. Surprisingly, they all fitted sufficiently and I belted off to the register quick before I changed my mind. The lovely ladies from the fitting room pressed a £5 discount voucher in to my hand - for which I was extremely grateful and I dashed back to the car clutching my purchases before heading off to Hobbycraft to meet Lilian.

What a blooming disappointment that was? Even more than breaking my ice scraper and discovering my boobs are not what they used to be (in fact, so much more!!!!). If I didn't know better I would say they are closing down, there was very little stock upstairs in card making and rubber stamping. In fact, duplicate stamps were faced across to cover up the huge gaps in the display! Needless to say Lilian and I left there in disgust and headed next door to Tescos, where we availed ourselves of two nice lattes in the Costa cafe contained within. I also nipped across to Halfords and am now the owner of two shiny new (GT go faster) ice scrapers too - at the huge expense of £2.98!!! My total spend in Hobbycraft (some silicon glue) was only £3.29 - not up to my usual standard eh?!?!

Back home for lunch and then off again to Matalan where I snagged a nice casual top for my holidays - for £10 and then back home via a friends for a quick cuppa.

SO, basically no time for crafting till 4pm . . .

What you see below is an entry for the I Love Pro Markers "Keep It Sweet and Simple" challenge.



Materials used:
  • QVC card blank (with a disgusting grey design on the front) and envelope
  • Turquoise hand made paper (to cover the ghastly grey design on the card)
  • Some pretty double sided pearl paper (can't remember the manufacturer)
  • Anitas sentiment stamped on white card (I know - it's a CHRISTMAS stamp but hey - it works!)
  • Anya stamp (by The Greeting Farm) donated to me by a stamping compadre and stamped on to a scalloped oval
  • Pro Markers (obligatory for this challenge)
  • Martha Stewart edging punch from a PATP set
  • Silver "pearls" to accent
Hope you are having a fab Thursday peeps - see y'all tomorrow!


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Not like my nearest Hobbycraft last week then....a massive sale....bought more than I've ever bought in there before....I usually spend almost nothing.

Katiejane said...

You are one busy gal Kathy! I laughed so much reading that post! It sounds like some day you've had! I bet that coffee went down a treat :)
Thank goodness for the new ice-scraper :) :) :)
Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh dear - seems I won't have a reason to go to Bristol then now if Hobbycraft are so sparsely stocked !!!! Only joking.......... :O) I have a really great crafty pal who lives in that vicinity and I don't get to seen anywhere near enough of her ..... do you know who it is yet? LOL Sorry, I've got a bit of cabin fever as I've been stuck in the dratted office from 9.30 this morning til now (6.35pm!) without even a lunch break - humphhh.... I'm not a happy bunny ;o( I've got to craft tonight or someone is gonna DIE ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Karen said...

Love this Kathy, and the colours are great too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

katesacraftybugger said...

lovely card ,perfect for our challenge-thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

Julie said...

Your car sounds just like mine Kathy, I have to defrost the inside too lol.
Such a lovely sweet card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Julie W x

Lorraine said...

Ha, ha, funny post, pmsl. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.