Wednesday, 12 January 2011

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Not very much as it happens!! I took a photo this morning of what was in progress and intended to post a before and after ....... but there is no after YET!!! A funny old day for me and I found I couldn't really settle to anything. I tried reading, watching a movie, crafting - nothing "did it for me" consequently all I have to show you is the slightly pathetic started (but not finished) project - maybe it's because I'm not really sure what it's going to be . . . will it be altered art, will it be a card or will it be . .  something else entirely. Watch this space. So far . .  it's chipboard heart which I've outlined with gold microbeads and allowed to dry (using glossy accents to attach the beads. What you see in the photo is the next stage which is where I've infilled one side of the heart with glossy accents and then poured a mix of fine glitter and bits with microbeads too (in about three colours) - it's in the drying stage here! If you have any brilliant suggestions for use - then please post in your comments.



It's been a horrible day weather wise - wet and wild again overnight and chucking it down in stair rods (remember those?) all day - again, not a day for an umbrella - too darn windy!

Appointment with the beautician this morning for a wonderfully relaxing facial and massage - feeling well sleepy the rest of the day which probably explains my lethargy on the crafting front!

Anyway, hope you've all had a good day - I hear some of you have had further snowfalls - take care out there.

3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A relaxing facial sounds wonderful.

Cherry said...

Glad you enjoyed the facial Kathy. What a horrible day indeed.

Love that heart looking very intricate and glamourous indeed. I wonder what it will become part of. I shall watch with interest knowing it will look fab - what about one of your great canvas'?

Hugs Cherry XXX

My name is Wynneth said...

Spookily I've felt very similar to you today Kathy, only got one card made and I'm not happy with that! Dark, very wet and dreary down here in Cornwall and I do so hate this type of weather. I feel really down when it's like this so that would account for my lack of inspiration and craftiness too :O( I should have done like you and gone for a relaxing facial and massage, that would have perked me up I'm sure !!!
hugs
wynneth
x