Wednesday, 11 August 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post



Finally got round to some crafting after not having the opportunity for would you believe a whole week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cripes! It's unlike me but hey - crafting droughts happen. Anyway, here's my sketchie as set by Cherry over on the Craft Mad & Loving It group on craftbubble - shame I can't post it on there but Origin seem to be having a problem with their web site - hope they get it fixed real soon. Back to the project in hand - anyway, the twist was to make your own background so I used my fab background stamp and Distress Ink in Milled Lavender and then brushed perfect pearls in a sort of interference purple over it. I also die cut the scalloped vellum rectangle and then used a background word stamp and memento ink in Grape Jelly! and, yes, the pearls are there to cover up the glue holding the vellum down! Hope you like it.
I also needed to complete the Craft Mad & Loving It themed challenge for this week and the theme is Flight of Fancy . . . interpret as you will! SO, I took one of my favourite Paper Artsy images and stamped in memento tuxedo black before using the old blender pen and pro markers to colour in lightly. I used Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde, Victorian Velvet and Fired Brick around the edged before mounting on silver mirri card and then deep pink plain card. I used one holographic red butterfly peel off which I cut in half (discarding the body) and attached over the images wings. I cut a panel of the wonderful Costco double sided star paper and tied a bow in some fab red/black organza ribbon which I seem to remember picking up for a dollar at Michael's in Orlando!. I then attached this ribboned panel to my square card and the image panel on top before stamping the sentiments "Time Flies" and "Dream" on the base card before finishing off with faux pearls in black, grey and white - hope you think it fits the bill too . . . and thanks for looking.
As an aside - my cousin, her husband, their three children and my aunt and uncle (remember the cycling shorts?) are currently high above Canada on their way to Orlando Sanford where they have five nights booked in Disney's Fort Wilderness hotel and then two weeks at our place!! How I envy them even though its only 55 days till we will be there ourselves! That's if they haven't decided they like it there so much they want to just stay and stay and stay!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely Kathy, love that image. CB seems ok for me now.
xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabby! Love it. Milled Lavender is sooooo luuuush! Loving the vellum. Its all great! Gorgeous Image. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is lovely Kathy (as I've already said!!)

Lucky rellies you've got heading towards Orlando - still as you say, not long for us!

Just doing a quick blog check before bed time so I'll say nite, nite til tomorrow :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy, both these projects are gorgeous, fab colour choices.
Thank you so much for the lovely comments you leave me - I really do appreciate them
Hugz Fleur xXx