Saturday, 4 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

And here's the first sketchie card of the week . . . . I posted the sketch earlier today and the twist was to use ZIG ZAGS. I opted to make a Christmas card as I had the most lovely Christmas-y image that I had coloured the other evening whilst at craft club. I also had some super red twinkly ric rac braid that had been a freebie with an issue of "Creativity" magazine and these two things seemed to work together so I cut a narrow panel of Christmas coloured spotty paper and edged it on my base card with ric rac. I used the zig zag blade on my woodware cutter to trim the image panel before mounting on a panel of red check paper, leaving a narrow border. Once that was on then I highlighted areas using holographic and gold coloured stickles on the tree, stars and presents on the image. In order to finish the sketch/card off I attached two red and one white piece of card candy and there you have it.
It has to be said that I really quite enjoyed the simplicity of this sketch and have a feeling there may be another sketchie in the not too distant future - maybe even later today so please check back and see how I'm doing.
In the meantime, here's hoping that your weekend's are all going well too, and thanks for stopping by - any comments you leave will be greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

Cath said...

Luv this card Kathy, I luv the colours, the image, everything. Brilliant.........

clare said...

love this forever friend xmas card. X

Cherry said...

Super sparkle Kathy - disco Christmas here we come. HUgs Cherry XXX

Ann said...

Love this card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

My name is Wynneth said...

I really love this card Kathy, such a great image and the sparkly ric rac is fabulous!
hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Awww what a brilliant card Kathy, it has such a cute christmasy feel to it, I do love those bears. Clare's sketch really is a fantastic one.
Katie x

Dora said...

Awww I love love this one, super cute and that glitter is perfect to create that Christmas feel x