Thursday, 30 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Busy day but I can't let that stop me crafting!!!



I've had a couple of letters from ATC swap buddies and needed to make yet more of the little blighters so set about fitting that in with my schedule today. I had some fab metallic plum card (DCWV - like you wouldn't have guessed!) on to which I stamped my seed head stamp in silver and then my FAB new thistle stamp in memento ink in tuxedo black and then (quick before it dried) I brushed gold perfect pearls on it and then sprayed with cheap hairspray to set which, because memento isn't a pigment ink, reacted ever so slightly with the hairspray allowing some of the black to show through a rather fetching happy accident up close and personal!!!


Additionally, I was playing with photos within MS Word last night and happened across some rather neat effects so printed off some photographs of a Florida BBQ from back in May 2010 where the lovely expat friends of our equally lovely U.S. neighbours, Sally and Roger, invited us along to their BBQ and we met four of their friends (also expats) and we had a perfectly splendid evening, as you can see from the scrap layout it turned in to this afternoon. The backing paper is by Brenda Pinnick and the sentiment stamp was a Craft Stamper freebie.
I don't think there's a non smiley face in the group! Except perhaps the lady in the small right hand photo and she simply wasn't smiling because she was concentrating on working her new phone's camera!!!!
I can't believe we're going to be meeting up with Sally and Roger again in under a week - wish we could persuade them over here some time but they've grown accustomed to the Florida warmth (being originally from Mass.) and reluctant to risk a British "summer"!!!! Can't say I blame them really!
Hope you like my crafting work today and please do leave a comment.
I also managed coffee with Jenny and her Lhasa Apso, Robbie, this morning, visiting my pal, Dorothy in hospital this afternoon and delivering wedding snaps to the lady who's daughter got married on Saturday and this evening we're off to Raj's for dinner with another neighbour. Some of you may have seen the photo of the best Indian restaurant around these parts recently - well, that's where we're off to this evening - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Have a great evening - catch you all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, wow you do seem busy, but a nice busy he he :) I love those photos, your friends seem so nice and enjoy your dinner xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the scrap page,Kathy....and have a great meal.

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy, love the ATC, Very elegant. The layout is fab too.
Hope you have a lovely weekend
Hugz Fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

Another busy day Kathy and love the bits you have created, gorgeous photos. Have a lovely meal. B xxxx