Thursday, 2 September 2010

Morning readers

and welcome to Thursday September 2nd - already - soon be Halloween! What does everyone do for Halloween? Frankly, in our house it normally passes like an ordinary day HOWEVER, this year we'll be in the Halloween centre of the Universe - AMERICA and, more particularly, Florida so there WILL be candy acquired because there WILL be Trick or Treaters! I might even put up some lights!! We've been there once before and had a steady stream of Trick or Treaters and all in fancy dress - even some of the adults!
Anyway, back to the Thursday in hand . . . . hubby and I are off to Gloucester today, which is about a 30 minute drive for us. We are heading there to meet up with a friend for lunch, not too sure where we'll lunch as we're meeting at her house first. Hubby's a Gloucester boy you see and a number of our friends are still in Gloucester and we see them as often as we can. Should be a really good couple of hours as it's been a while since we got to catch up with Sheila.
Went to craft club last night with fellow crafter Lilian - I won't go in to too much detail but suffice it to say that I had the scenic tour of the area before finally locating the venue tucked away round the back! A pleasant evening, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, Lilian had advised me that most of the crafters took their own projects to work on but that an exchange of views and ideas was likely during the evening and they certainly seemed like a pleasant bunch. There were four newcomers last evening which was apparently more than usual but we were each made welcome and plied with drink (tea/coffee/squash) . . . . and cake! The group has been going for the last THIRTY years and has been meeting in its present location for about ten of those, meeting previously in the place I went to first, by a spooky coincidence!. I'm not sure quite how I feel about the free form nature of this club but I reckon I should give it a try again next week before making any decision. In the meantime . . . . here's a question for you. IF you were going to join a club would you rather join a club for your specific craft where everyone is as obsessed by your craft as you are or a general craft club where you can meet all sorts of people interested in all sorts of craft?? I'm curious to know your thoughts so please do share . . . .
And please do check back later to see if there's a second post for the day . . . after lunch!

3 comments:

Cherry said...

Morning Kathy have a great lunch in Gloucester - always nice to go out for lunch. Halloween is just a pumpkin head for us and a few treats for the occaisional TorT that we get. You will be in the hub of it - it'll be interesting to see what it's like.

Glad you had a good time last night especially cake! I would be torn - I think as long as there were peeps doing things I was interested in there I think I could cope with the free form but if I was the only one who liked my obsession there I would be fed up quite quickly.

BBL. Hugs Cherry Ps I'm guessing you are not a Weetabix and banana fan then! XXX

Brenda Brown said...

Have a great lunch, weather looks good. I wd go to a club for papercrafts to share ideas. Just my preference.
B xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

We will be back in Blighty by Halloween Kathy, but I have to say we tend to go out to eat and hopefully avoid the Trick or Treaters :o( I do make Halloween cards and projects for my grandsons though and do love the colours traditionally associated with Halloween :O)

I think I'd prefer a paper crafting club, not necessarily stamping, but don't think a group that were into sewing or knitting etc would hold my interest. I love learning new things so other paper crafts would be good. Hope this is helpful?
hugs
wynneth
x