Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Wotcher, me again - don't forget to have a look at my earlier post . . . please!

Me again,


Since the weather's so NASTY out there today and hubby's out all day . . . I've been crafting and there's a rather interesting challenge going on over at I LOVE PRO MARKERS entitled Pearls and Swirls . . . . . . BUT I had a new silhouette stamp arrive today and couldn't wait to use it. But wait, I hear you cry . . . if it's a silhouette stamp how did you incorporate pearls and swirls? Well the quick answer to that is that I didn't but it turned out pretty neat so thanks to ILPM for the suggestion!!! Maybe I'll get round to a proper entry later or tomorrow!


For this one I took a C6 cream card and some DCWV linen effect card in two shades of pink, some black card and some white card. On the white card I masked my shape off using post it (how I LOVE this technique) before using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick. Having first removed the post its I then inked my new Imaginations thistle stamp in Memento ink in Tuxedo Black and stamped a little off the bottom of the distressed shape. I then trimmed round my white card and adhered first on to black card and then the lighter pink card. I ran the deeper pink through my die cutter inside the swirls embossing folder and then sanded to reveal the white core before adhering to my image panel. I then stamped my sentiment on white card and trimmed before rounding the two top corners and adhering to my deep pink panel and finished off with two each of two sizes of faux white pearls. I stamped the thistle on both the insert and envelope to co-ordinate the card. SO, I got my pearls and swirls . . . just no Pro Markers! Hope you like it - even it doesn't qualify as an entry over on ILPM's!!

5 comments:

Debs M x said...

it's still a gorgeous card x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Now THAT is what I call a TRIUMPH! LOVE your new silhouette stamp..... LOVE IT I TELL YA!!!!

Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Another triumph Kathy - you certainly are Queen of the Post-it technique, I take my hat off to you ;O) Shame about the lack of PM's though as it would have been a stonking entry for this week's challenge!

hugs
wynneth
x

Emma said...

Even though it doesn't qualify...it's a lovely card!
Love & hugs, Emma
x

Katiejane said...

Ooh this is lovely Kathy! Love that stamp, I don't have any silhouette stamps, it's not something I'd know what to do with!
I love those swirls, well done ILPM for the inspiration :)