Monday, 20 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Me again!!!, I know, I know - I SAID I was going to start doing only one post per day but hey, what can I say?. . . . sometimes you just gotta blog!!

Post came this morning and I'm one of the lucky ones who will be getting a refund from HM Customs and Revenue!!, so now I have some holiday spending money!! Of course - how ticked would I be if they had asked for money since I've not worked since February of 2007!!!


Anyhoo, good news aside I decided to crack on with this weeks themed challenge over on the Craft Mad & Loving It group on craft bubble and the theme is TEXT ONLY - no images! Now this was tougher than you might think as it is just soooooooooooooo tempting to add an image. I decided to step away from my card making comfort zone and make a gift tag but not just any old gift tag . . . . a wine bottle gift tag!


Materials used:

A4 white card - cut in to one strip, one scalloped oval and the "Lets Party" sentiment and cocktail glass text image (cheating? I don't THINK so!!!!)
Gold mirri card, die cut in to scalloped oval and then embossed.
Orange ribbon
Distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick
Memento ink in Tuxedo Black and a Cats Eye chalk pad in Lemon
Scissors, glue, etc
Oh, and don't forget the bottle . . . Oxford Landing Sauvignon Blanc!!!


I used my fiskars scallop punch across the bottom of my strip and a large circle punch, centrally at the top. I stamped my glass shaped text stamp on the white card and then again on a post it and cut out the post it to use as a mask whilst I stamped the citrus wedge in yellow and then cut out the piece along with the "Lets Party" sentiment. On the long strip and the larger oval I used distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired brick and, once done, used the same sponge to lightly edge the glass text and the sentiment. After assembling and sticking my project together I used a length of narrow orange satin ribbon, threaded through the scallop edge, round the bottle and then fastened in a bow to the front - hope you like it - Hic!!!!

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lucky you...some extra crafty bits can jump in your basket now!!
Great way to do the challenge...will always come in useful for that alcoholic pressie.

Lilian said...

Ron wants to know if we are all going to hobbycraft with you rebate, Lol'Take care lilian

Craftyrose said...

Lucky you, better pour me a glass of that wine to help you celebrate!! xx

jackid said...

Hello again really like this what a brill idea i know what you mean about being hard not to put an image on it's well wierd
jackixx

My name is Wynneth said...

I LOVE IT Kathy :o)

hugs
wynneth
x