Monday, 6 September 2010

Morning - are you ready for some nostalgia?

Hmmm - spent much of yesterday going through a whole bunch of old photos . . .


This first black and white photo was of hubby's parents on their wedding day in April 1941 - they were both prominent sports personalities in Gloucester; his dad for football and his mum for hockey.



Then we found the more modern photograph, taken in 1991, at their 50th wedding anniversary party, with my hubby and I on the right - OMG - what a difference 20 years makes!!! My hubby had black hair and I had really curly hair AND I was much thinner!!



Hmm - it's nice to rummage through photos sometimes and remember "stuff".




So, then I looked out the photograph of my own parents wedding in March of 1950!!!





What handsome couples they both made.







It's so nice to have a record of these two occasions and I am so pleased to have been able to scan these photos so we have them preserved forever - I feel a scrap book layout coming on . . .

12 comments:

Katiejane said...

Oh Kathy, what beautiful pictures to treasure. They are both lovely but I adore the photo of your Mum and Dad and how they are looking into each others eyes. I can't wait to see your layout.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What beautiful pictures Kathy. Thanks so much for sharing. They most certainly are two very handsome couples. Your mum and dad look so sweet smiling conspiratorially at each other. What a lovely piccie that is. Hope we get to have 50th wedding anniversary pics, don't you? Lx

Kathyk said...

Strewth, I'll be 79 then!!!!!

Georgie Hughes said...

Beautiful photographs Kathy, I am not surprised you treasure them.
GeorgieX

Kathyk said...

Not quite so sure about my bubblehead though - I loved it at the time, I'm sure!

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely Kathy, I want to see the scrapbook page cos these photos are beautiful. Have a good day.
b xxx

scrappyjacky said...

They are going to make a wonderful page....treasures indeed.

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful photographs Kathy and such wonderful memories - you are doing a grand job of preserving them for the future. Can't wait to see the scrapbook when it's done :O)

BTW - I think you rather fetching with your curls!!

hugs
wynneth
x

Dora said...

These are really beautiful Kathy, I love photos too but now with the digital ones I am ending up leaving them on the computer!

Cath said...

Luv the candyfloss look!! couldn't imagine that style now. hehe!!
I hope you have finished the scrapbook pages now, ha!! They will look fabulous as always.....
Looking at old photo's is always nostalgic. glad you had a good time.
Luv Cath xxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Cherry said...

Kathy they are gorgeously glamourous shots - you can feel all the expectations and anticipation in them. Photos really are quite magical - love your sunset shots too - I like them both for different reasons - B*W always moody and the colours are magnificent. Thinking of joining in the 365 - I think you could do it.
Love the curls btw! Hugs Cherry XXX

jackid said...

Ohh Kathy they are lovely pages what a wonderful idea and wouldn't something like that make a wonderfull prezzie for either of them on an anniversary
xxJackixx