Half way through yet another week and hopefully, by now, this week's 'ORRIBLE rains will have stopped for most of us. Certainly, here in Bristol it's currently a lovely day - wonder how long THAT will last!
It's also WOYWDW over on craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group and I find myself wondering what state everyone else's workdesk is looking like - mine looks a mess - bits of paper and ribbons and stuff all over the place, but at least there IS a reason for all this chaos . . . .
I've now moved on to scrap booking wedding photographs from 1941 . . . . regular readers will know that I've finally decided to "scrap" all the photographs accumulated from the house clearances following the deaths of hubby's parents and various other relatives. I have photographs from at least two family weddings though. Hubby's p
arents (being prominent local sportspeople) had a number of newspaper clippings to aid my mission, so I do have far more information about theirs - the other one's a bit trickier. I found it most entertaining to read what hubby's mum "the bride" wore as a "going away outfit" (do we STILL have those?). I used my retro punch and cut out some acetate flowers which I then covered in Diamond Glaze and then sprinkled holographic glitter on one and gold glitter on the other, once dry I added a curled white flower, punched a hole in the centre of each and added a "jewelled" brad before poking a hole through my leaf patterned backing paper. I tied a bow of grey spotty organza ribbon across the bottom and then adhered the splendid photograph of the wedding party. I also mounted the delicate newspaper clipping on to white card and used a fancy fiskars punch across the bottom, carrying this design across to the base of the journalling panel. I had a photo of hubby's mum, dressed in her wedding dress but presumably before the wedding, seated in the garden so die cut a scalloped oval and adhered that to my page too. I suspect there will be one more page, especially as I have a photograph of the newlyweds on their honeymoon - which was spent in Torquay. I think there's one, maybe two more pages to come , of wedding photographs . . . and then on to some more war related pages - those might be a bit tougher.
arents (being prominent local sportspeople) had a number of newspaper clippings to aid my mission, so I do have far more information about theirs - the other one's a bit trickier. I found it most entertaining to read what hubby's mum "the bride" wore as a "going away outfit" (do we STILL have those?). I used my retro punch and cut out some acetate flowers which I then covered in Diamond Glaze and then sprinkled holographic glitter on one and gold glitter on the other, once dry I added a curled white flower, punched a hole in the centre of each and added a "jewelled" brad before poking a hole through my leaf patterned backing paper. I tied a bow of grey spotty organza ribbon across the bottom and then adhered the splendid photograph of the wedding party. I also mounted the delicate newspaper clipping on to white card and used a fancy fiskars punch across the bottom, carrying this design across to the base of the journalling panel. I had a photo of hubby's mum, dressed in her wedding dress but presumably before the wedding, seated in the garden so die cut a scalloped oval and adhered that to my page too. I suspect there will be one more page, especially as I have a photograph of the newlyweds on their honeymoon - which was spent in Torquay. I think there's one, maybe two more pages to come , of wedding photographs . . . and then on to some more war related pages - those might be a bit tougher.So, thank you for looking at my blog and for leaving a comment, I hope you will have a great Wednesday, dear reader.
7 comments:
Beautiful things to scrap Kathy and lovely keepsakes to have.
b xxx
Hi Kathy love the pages they're beautiful something to treasure.About what you said over on my blog yeah I find it really hard to ignore him but he does a good job of not letting you with his puffs and grunts very vocal I'll let you know how I get on with the doily's later I coloured some last night using cosmic shimmers I made a right mess on my cutting mat
This is a beautiful page Kathy, The bridal flowers are stunning. You have given me an idea, my daughter did me a scapbook for one Mothers Day present. I may take some photographs of a few pages and post them on my blog ummmmmm!
Another gorgeous vintage page,Kathy....and I think you've sent us your old weather....it's now pouring here.
Beautiful Page Kathy i really fancy getting into scrapbooking too as i'd love to make a scrapbook for my little sister , I just have to manage my time better and finish the things i am in the middle of off.
glad your weather is better ours has been terrible as well and ben has been very scared of the wind poor darling.
have a great evening
hugs Sharon x
~Another stunner of a page Kathy :O) Yes, I had a going away outfit - but then I suppose my wedding was 41 years ago!!!
hugs
wynneth
x
A beautiful vintage page Kathy :)
Love the flowers and the die cut image! Thats so clever! :)
xxalisonxx
Post a Comment