Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Morning - here we are again hump day Wednesday

Half way through yet another week and hopefully, by now, this week's 'ORRIBLE rains will have stopped for most of us. Certainly, here in Bristol it's currently a lovely day - wonder how long THAT will last!


It's also WOYWDW over on craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group and I find myself wondering what state everyone else's workdesk is looking like - mine looks a mess - bits of paper and ribbons and stuff all over the place, but at least there IS a reason for all this chaos . . . .



I've now moved on to scrap booking wedding photographs from 1941 . . . . regular readers will know that I've finally decided to "scrap" all the photographs accumulated from the house clearances following the deaths of hubby's parents and various other relatives. I have photographs from at least two family weddings though. Hubby's parents (being prominent local sportspeople) had a number of newspaper clippings to aid my mission, so I do have far more information about theirs - the other one's a bit trickier. I found it most entertaining to read what hubby's mum "the bride" wore as a "going away outfit" (do we STILL have those?). I used my retro punch and cut out some acetate flowers which I then covered in Diamond Glaze and then sprinkled holographic glitter on one and gold glitter on the other, once dry I added a curled white flower, punched a hole in the centre of each and added a "jewelled" brad before poking a hole through my leaf patterned backing paper. I tied a bow of grey spotty organza ribbon across the bottom and then adhered the splendid photograph of the wedding party. I also mounted the delicate newspaper clipping on to white card and used a fancy fiskars punch across the bottom, carrying this design across to the base of the journalling panel. I had a photo of hubby's mum, dressed in her wedding dress but presumably before the wedding, seated in the garden so die cut a scalloped oval and adhered that to my page too. I suspect there will be one more page, especially as I have a photograph of the newlyweds on their honeymoon - which was spent in Torquay. I think there's one, maybe two more pages to come , of wedding photographs . . . and then on to some more war related pages - those might be a bit tougher.



So, thank you for looking at my blog and for leaving a comment, I hope you will have a great Wednesday, dear reader.

7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful things to scrap Kathy and lovely keepsakes to have.
b xxx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy love the pages they're beautiful something to treasure.About what you said over on my blog yeah I find it really hard to ignore him but he does a good job of not letting you with his puffs and grunts very vocal I'll let you know how I get on with the doily's later I coloured some last night using cosmic shimmers I made a right mess on my cutting mat

Georgie Hughes said...

This is a beautiful page Kathy, The bridal flowers are stunning. You have given me an idea, my daughter did me a scapbook for one Mothers Day present. I may take some photographs of a few pages and post them on my blog ummmmmm!

scrappyjacky said...

Another gorgeous vintage page,Kathy....and I think you've sent us your old weather....it's now pouring here.

Doodles said...

Beautiful Page Kathy i really fancy getting into scrapbooking too as i'd love to make a scrapbook for my little sister , I just have to manage my time better and finish the things i am in the middle of off.

glad your weather is better ours has been terrible as well and ben has been very scared of the wind poor darling.
have a great evening
hugs Sharon x

My name is Wynneth said...

~Another stunner of a page Kathy :O) Yes, I had a going away outfit - but then I suppose my wedding was 41 years ago!!!

hugs
wynneth
x

xxxtglxxx said...

A beautiful vintage page Kathy :)
Love the flowers and the die cut image! Thats so clever! :)

xxalisonxx