Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Afternoon peeps

OH MY, what a wet, wild and windy night it was last night around "these parts"!!! My goodness, the blinds were rattling and the windows were closed!!! Kept waking up, but my husband was already awake each time I did, often watching the TV so you know he's going to be running out of steam . . . . probably about now!


Last night hubby went out to a meeting of his fellow radio controlled plane enthusiasts and someone devised a rather fiendish quiz. Whilst it wasn't a particularly high scoring quiz they all seemed to enjoy the challenge, and are all making vows to read up on the topics for next year!.

This morning we had a rather sluggish start, rather unsurprisingly, before heading off to meet a good friend who was celebrating his birthday today. We met at an Italian restaurant which was convenient to all of us and we had a very pleasant celebratory lunch, over a couple of hours. The pizza was rather lush and I am also assured that the steaks were too. The pecan cheesecake was DIVINE!! and the waiter took this photo of all of us! THANK YOU


I am deeply envious of everyone who obtained tickets to attend workshops where Sir Tim (in hushed reverential tones) will be presenting a workshop at the end of February 2011 - please put your tickets somewhere that I won't find them!!!!!


All this has meant that I haven't had much time to craft and I didn't get much chance yesterday either - which is leaving me feeling craft starved so I just might have to sit in front of the TV this evening and colour a few images so I can get cracking tomorrow. In the interim I did have this image which I coloured last evening and made in to a Christmas card this morning - hope you like it. The image was part of an image swap so I'm not 100% sure of its origin. I coloured the image using ivory pro marker, aged mahogany distress ink, holographic stickles and, around the edges, shmmer chalk. On the panel I distressed the edge using a Tim Holtz distressing tool and then D.I.'s in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot and then tied a piece of dark green organza ribbon to complete the card.

I hope you are all enjoying a perfectly splendid Tuesday and were not kept awake by the weather last nigh!

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Am also deeply envious....I hope to get personal tuition from a friend who got a ticket!!
Love that image....a very vintagey christmas...gorgeous card.
It's pretty wet,windy and wild down here....right now!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely picture Kathy. Looks like you all had a very nice time. Love the new t-shirt. Very nice indeed. Wonder what the mystery liqueur was...

I feel like one of the lucky winners of the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. I have just received news that my ticket is on the way....am wracked with nerves. I am not worthy.... All hail Sir Tim!

Lx

L

Lauren Hatwell said...

How rude of me not to mention your scrummy Santa ATC. Love that image. So sorry, my excitement temporarily got the better of me. Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh dear...looks like I need a valium...I see I've boobed again. Its a card not an atc. Still super scrummy. LOVE IT! Lx

Kathyk said...

Yes, indeed, it IS you I'm deeply envious off Lauren!!!!

Kathyk

Cherry said...

Afternoon Kathy,
Well your lunch looks divine and sounded even better! Hopefully it will enable you to have a better night tonight - although still looking windy here. I think we should get Lauren to host the CM&LI get together after her TH tutorial and teach us all the know how - what do you think?

Love the santa card - it has sucha vintage feel and the green organza is inspired.

I feel like you a little craft starved - really must try to do some tonight.
Hugs Cherry XXX

Kathyk said...

Sounds perfect, Cherry - works for me! Lauren?????

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oo-er, no pressure there then. It really WOULD be great to all get together and swap techniques wouldn't it. We'll see what we can do shall we.

Lauren x

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy, great Santa card, looks delicious - just like your lunch then eh???
Would have loved to be part of the TH weekend but just can't justify the money at the moment. Lucky you Lauren have a fabby day when it arrives, drool drool.
Horrible wet, windy day here, the heavens opened earlier this evening, but seems to have eased off now. I had to go to Wantage for a visit today so guess what I stopped at the stamp attic my fave little place to buy things.
Take care. B xxxx

Kathy said...

HI Kathy,
I hope the wind has died down and your are back to crafting. I just have to tell ya I love the santa card :)

Katiejane said...

Cute card Kathy, it sounds like you had a fab time at the Italian, lovely photo of you and your friends.
Good luck finding a "Golden Ticket" someone has gotta drop one in the street right?
Have a good day, Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card Kathy, I'm a bit of a sucker for vintage santa images! You and me both then, deeply envious of Lauren!!! ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x