Monday, 13 September 2010

Afternoon dear reader/s

Did ya miss me? I know I normally post in the morning and often again in the afternoon but I sometimes think people miss one or the other so am going to try weaning myself off this two post habit!!!


What have I been up to since yesterday's post? WELL, if you are sitting comfortably then I'll begin.


Yesterday morning I did indeed nip off to visit my pal Dorothy and found her in a tizzy but otherwise reasonably well. Her progress is coming along, albeit slowly but then it was a major operation and I believe she's doing reasonably well.


Hubby was at an examiners training day in Thornbury all day and was quite lucky with the weather and it meant that he didn't get home till around 5pm, leaving me to my own devices all day . . . . so after returning from Dorothy's and having a quick bite of lunch it was off out to visit another pal for an hour and then back for a spot of light crafting (no, housework was NOT on the agenda!). I'm trying to make a load of Christmas cards so the themed challenge over on craftbubbles Craft Mad & Loving It group this week was "BEARLY FESTIVE" so off I went . . .
I really only have one Christmas themed bear stamp, and it's this Forever Friends image! - but since he's so darned cute it wasn't a problem. I die cut two ovals and stuck them together off centre before attaching my image (coloured using pro markers). I cut a panel of silver mirri card and tied a bow using bright red organza ribbon and then adhered my image and oval scallops. The mirro card panel was adhered to my square white base card but, again, off centre and then three pieces of co-ordinating card candy placed down the side. Since I took this photo I have also highlighted the "fur" with holographic stickles, making him very twinkly indeed.
Crafting over it was time to clear up, clean up, get made up and go out to meet friends at the Clifton Sausage! We were celebrating a birthday and a very pleasant time was had by all and I've subsequently heard that the birthday boys presents have all been well received - a success then! If you've never heard of or been to the Clifton Sausage then you should investigate further. I had the Gloucester Old Spot sausage and mash. We shared one portion of parsnip crisps which were delicious and just about right between four - I didn't have room for dessert but my hubby thoroughly recommends the sticky toffee pudding!
Anyhoo, this morning saw me up and out to meet my chum, Andrea, for coffee at our local Sainsbury's and we had a right old natter for and hour or so before meandering off to shop! Andrea for groceries and a baby gift and me - well, I WAS looking for a gift for my friend Sue but I actually came home with a T-Shirt and a lightweight jumper . . . . for me!!! Guess this means I'm still looking for a present for Sue then!
So, as you can see, I've not really had much time to post before this . . . . and now, I feel as though I should crack on with some crafting.
Toodle pip
Kathy

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Funny how often that happens....I always find something for myself...when that isn't what I'm looking for!!!I'm pleased to say that Papermull at Ashford hasn't closed...so managed to get card yesterday.
A lovely bright xmas card...and he is a cute little bear.
I do always read your posts, but usually only have time to comment once...others are probably the same.

Fleur said...

Wow what a cheerful christmas card, I love the image & the colours are just perfectly festive
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cherry said...

Your FF bear looks very festive Kathy, like the papers you have put him with. Glad Dorothy is doing well, it must be a bit of a worry. Glad you had a good 'sausage' night - sounds fun.
Hope you've found something for Sue now too. Hugs Cherry XXX

jackid said...

Love the FF bear Kathy really cute the cliffton sausage sounds a bit different glad you all had a good time and also that your friend is doing ok!
jacki xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabby chrimbo card Kathy :o)
hugs
wynneth
x