Friday, 24 September 2010

Friday Funny

Hi peeps,


Friday again and it's the WEEKEND! What are you all up to? Me? Nothing much tomorrow but we do have dinner guests on Sunday so I just know that tomorrow will involve food shopping - YAY (once more, with feeling!).


Anyway, been busy today - ordered some goodies on-line from here, only to discover the lovely Wynneth has only bought the same mask - great minds eh? This afternoon we went to Screwfix (husband much obsessed) and then to visit my Aunt and Uncle (yes, the cycling shorts rellies!) and yes, there was indeed cake - of the walnut variety - Steve's fave AND they bought one for him to take home - mmmmmmmmmm


Not much time for crafting so just one card today and of course, you would know it would have to be a Christmas card but I am now definitely winning with my Christmas cards. This one was using an image provided by Karen - thanks Karen. Using a cream A6 card as my base card I simply tied some fawn organza round the card and in to a knot right on one side. I then used distress inks in: Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot to "age" around the Santa image and then using a watercolor brush and my Fired Brick D.I. I colourwashed Santa. I then highlighted his beard and hair with holographic stickles and the end of his sleeve with a black Atyou Spica glitter pen (also dotting his eyes to give him a twinkle - thanks to Wynneth for that tip). I then adhered him to my base card over the ribbon and called him done! At some point I will festively embellish both an envelope and insert for him and that will be another for my Christmas collection.
Now, as it's Friday, we allow ourselves an alcoholic beverage so it might be about time to crack a bottle as I think the sun is about as far over the "yard arm" as it's going to be today - so CHEERS! Catch you tomorrow when it will be sketchie day ...... YAY!


Slightly saucy Friday funny so, if you are easily offended please don't read on! (my thanks to Liz for this one!)


A chicken farmer went to a local bar, sat at the counter next to a woman and ordered a glass of champagne.
The woman perked up and said, "How about that? I just ordered a glass of champagne, too!"
"What a coincidence." the farmer said. "This is a special day for me. I am celebrating."
"This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating." said The Woman.
"What a coincidence!" said the farmer. As they clinked glasses, he added, "What are you celebrating?"
"My husband and I have been trying for two years to have a child and today, my gynecologist told me that I am pregnant!"
"What a coincidence!" said the man. "I'm a chicken farmer and for years, all of my hens were infertile but now they are all laying fertilized eggs."
"That's great!" said the woman, "How did your chickens become fertile?"
"I used a different cock." he replied.
The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said, "What a Coincidence......................"

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

ROFL....great Friday Funny Kathy. I laughed out loud.

That card is GORGEOUS; I love everything about it. You really must have quite a collection now. I salute you. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Very funny,Kathy!
Love that image on your card.
Am feeling much better today thanks....off to Ally Pally tomorrow.

Dora said...

Ha ha yes, that was funny, he he :) and your card is gorgeous... seems your pile is growing xx

Kathyk said...

Sadly, still a ways to go but I AM getting there.

Feel better soon Lauren and Jacky.

Jacky- enjoy Ally Pally, wish I coudl join you

Dora - thanks for your comment, have a fab weekend.

Kathyk

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo....errr.. missus!!! very funny though Kathy:

Loving that vintage Santa card sooooo..... much :O)

enjoy your glass of something chilled, you've earned it this week ;o)

hugs
wynneth
x

clare said...

LOL.......brilliant!!! x

judie said...

That is so so funny, just had to explain to Pete, in the end gave up and showed it to him.

Love the card hun, gorjuss gorjuss, have been to westpoint today and spent rather a lot of money on goodies !!!!

Cherry said...

LMAO! Great stuff Kathy. Cheers - a little blush for me tonight - that is wine variety.

Gorgeous card - those DIs look fab and just love the design for this one.

Thanks for your lovely commnets - much appreciated.

Have a great weekend. Hugs Cherry XXX