Tuesday, 7 September 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

I've been scrap booking some more of my "vintage" photo find . . . .


First page I did (actually yesterday but I had promised to run it past hubby before "publishing") was actually of his Uncle and his M.B.E. using the "official" photograph taken at the palace. Hubby wouldn't let me include the full sized or "brooch" sized medal (yes I KNOW brooch isn't a very manly description but . . . .) so I had to make do with taking a photo of them. I also found a piece in the local paper about his Uncle. Hubby absolutely refused to allow me to include the page I did of their family Christmas in 1961 (but he was such a sweet little boy).
He was, however, quite happy for me to include the sporting page using photos from 1928, 1929 and 1930 when his father was a very keen sportsman. The reason for the large panel of striped paper is because his dad was such a thorough record keeper that there are photocopies in the pocket (see the manilla pull out tab) with the team members names for the 1928-29 team, the 1929-1939 team and the 1930-1931 team and I didn't want to waste that information although I was only able to die cut hubby's dad from the team photos not used in my actual layout. So here they are peeps, I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making them.

5 comments:

Katiejane said...

Oh Kathy you've done a splendid job here, I love the vintage feel of them both, two timeless layouts.
Katie x

Lilian said...

Kathy they are lovely and such wonderful memories. good job.
Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing job Kathy. It really would be a shame not to make the most of these beautiful photographs and events wouldn't it. Lovely lay outs and great family memories. I can't believe how speedily you're racing through them....

Lauren x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two more wonderful layouts Kathy, well done for doing such a fabulous job with all these memories :O) I'm really enjoying sharing them, thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Lou said...

They look great Kathy! I love to rummage through all the old photos, it's so so interesting and in some cases brings back lovely happy memories!
Lou xx