Friday, 17 September 2010

Friday again but this one's not funny

Love Penny Black stamps????? Then pop over here then, as Kathy is giving away a fab set of stamps - sign up closes September 20th, so hurry.

I have an unexpected funeral to attend today. I heard yesterday from a close friend that her husband passed away very recently. I am shocked to my core as he was my age. My friend, needless to say, is in far more shock than I - and I shall try to be as supportive as possible. He was my age . . . . I was in his year at school and my friend was in the year below us - guess I'm having one of those "mortal moments".

So, there won't be another post from me today, sorry but I hope to be back on here Saturday in time for the Sketchie set over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It challenge.

There is no Friday fun today, for obvious reasons.

I hope you will have a better Friday

7 comments:

Cherry said...

Deepest sympathies Kathy - I am sure your friend will appreciate your support now and in the future. Lots of hugs Cherry XXX

Lauren Hatwell said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Kathy. What a shock! My thoughts are with you and your friend. May she be comforted. Lx

jackid said...

Kathy I'm really sorry to your news I can only repeat what Lauren has said and my thoughts are with you and your friend
Jacki xx

scrappyjacky said...

So sorry to hear this,Kathy....thinking of you.

Brenda Brown said...

The same from me Kathy, indeed a great shock.
Loys of love B xxxx

Debs M x said...

my thoughts are with you and your friend xx

Dora said...

I am so sorry to hear this Kathy, it's always a shock when you hear that someone you know has passed away, least of all when it was unexpected. Thinking of you xxx