Saturday, 11 September 2010

Scrap books and Sketchies - please don't forget to check out my earlier post!

And of course, I've tucked another scrap layout under my belt today . . . had an idea using the black and white roses paper in my DCWV stack . . . . but it looked like it needed a little "je ne sais quoi" so . . . . the newspaper clipping of hubby's parents wedding gave me the clue I needed which was (despite the fact the photos were B&W) that the bridesmaid's dresses were light blue with cyclamen sashes so . . . whaddya reckon - je ne sais quoi, or what? The borders round the original photographs were wonky so I cut those off but mounted each photo on white card (from Wilkinsons so I could afford to be generous!), leaving a wider border across the bottom of the wedding group and the honeymoon shot . . . whipped out my fiskars scallop border punch and punched across the bottom of each. I managed to find some narrow light blue ribbon and a fairly bright pink satin bow (for the light blue and cyclamen touch) so threaded the light blue ribbon through the holes in the scallop border and then attached the pink bow just above and the journalling above that again. Personally, I think this works and I'm hoping that my valued readers will too. Please feel free to leave a comment on this post as all comments are greatly appreciated.


Now, on to the sketchie , set by Rosie earlier today, with the twist "In Pieces"!!! Hmmmm - this was a tough one. The design team came up with some lovely cards check out their blogs: Karen's, Lauren's and Rosie's . . . and here comes my own take on the sketch . . . . . JIG SAW PIECES!! I used two pieces of a DCWV winter stack (6x4 size) and a piece of leftover star dream card from yesterday's scrap book layout (cool huh?), some blue organza ribbon, silver card, blue card (die cut with a Martha Stewart punch, six confetti snowflakes and some glitter "water drops" as well as some stickles holographic glue . . . . the image was stamped for me by the lovely Andy - thanks Andy. I then ran it through my die cutter with a scalloped oval and then again with the jig saw pizzle die. Of course, had I been really smart I would have applied the adhesive (via my Xyron) BEFORE I jig sawed it but hey - the benefit of hindsight is a truly wondrous thing!!! The image was, of course, coloured using Pro Markers! I'm also going to enter this for challenge #35 on the Bah Humbug blog, which you can view here. Hope you like it . . . I look forward to reading your comments.

10 comments:

Lilian said...

they are coming along nicely Kathy. Love the Christmas card its so bright. Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! I LOVE that roses paper Kathy. It just MAKES that page and the ribbon is just the right understated touch.

Gorgeous Jigsaw card for our In Pieces challenge this week. Beautiful colouring and just the right amount of sparkle. Mwah!

Lauren x

scrappyjacky said...

Love that page,Kathy...the ribbon is a perfect finishing touch.

Ann said...

Your card is fabulous and I love that scrapbook page. What a great idea to use that paper (which is in my stash too) with black and white romantic prints. Cool. I did a goth card for one of my daughter's friends which turned out well but after seeing your scrap page I will be using it for other things soon. thank you for the inspiration.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Debs M x said...

gorgeous scrap page Kathy, loving the scallops and ribbon x

gorgeous gorgeous card, beautifully coloured x

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy these are fantastic, love the layout. beautiful card too lovely colouring & great paper choice
Hugz Fleur xXx

My name is Wynneth said...

I just love that rose paper Kathy and it is just perfect for those fabulous wedding photos. The ribbons and border edging are the perfect touch and the ribbons especially lift the whole layout.

Your sketchie card is awesome! I do so love that LOTV stamp and will be snaffling myself a few images while I'm up here at Dad's!!!!!

hugs
wynneth
x

Irene said...

Hello Kathy

What a gorgeous card and so clever of you to make a jigsaw out of it. Your papers are lovely and match so well together. I love your stamped image, she is coloured wonderfully. A gorgeous sparkly card.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

irene
xxx

Craftyrose said...

Beautiful work here Kathy! xx

Max said...

Super image beautifully coloured - stamping and colouring is probably the No.1 favourite so far. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT