Wednesday, 1 September 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

Wotcher,

Hubby's gone flying and the washing's on, so time to play - without guilt!!!


I decided to enter a couple of challenges that aren't on craftbubble (simply because it looks like I'm always banging on about it!) and found this excellent blog site here, running a PICK 3 competition for September. The idea is fairly simple, a list of materials is published and you make a project using any THREE items (Pick 3, see?!) and the list read as follows:

Circle tag
String
Vellum
Frame
Image with a building
Brad
Black paper
Eyelet
Anything yellow . . . . . . . so I picked the circle tag, black paper and string and produced the card above, using an image by Paper Artsy and my trusty distress inks in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot - like it?. Entry closes October 1st so why not have a go?


My trading card buddy sent me materials to make an ATC from and they were: a chipboard circle, some thick twine and a stamped image of a hedgehog on a swing (looks like Penny Black but I couldn't swear to it) - so, what did I make with it? I used some of the fab paper from the magazine that Lauren, Wynneth and I each bought during the recent Bristol Craftathon, whilst at Carole's Crafts. I coloured the image using copics and pro markers before cutting him out and removing the stamped "rope" in favour of the thick twine Pam sent me which I threaded through the chipboard circle, additionally I used some of the brown fringing from the recent Costco scrap book kit across the top and there you have the cute little hedgepig on a swing!


Of course, I MAY not be done with crafting for the day as its still early AND I'm going to craft club so you may yet see another post from me today!! Keep your eyes peeled!
And here's another entry in a non bubble challenge - this one is for the "Myths and Magic" challenge over on I love Pro Markers - I've gone with this delightful High Hopes Image of George and the dragon - kindly donated by Lauren, thank you Lauren.
Check out their challenge and entries here

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Intersting to see 2 such different projects,Kathy...love that vintage Paperartsy image....and the little hedgehog's so cute. Hope your weather has improved.

Karen said...

You've been busy Kathy, they're all lovely. Great dragon and doesn't he look good purple, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great projects Kathy, love the hedgie and great idea to use the twine for the swing ropes.

So loving the George and Dragon card, thank you so much for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers' Myth and Magic challenge this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Cherry said...

Lovely ATCs Kathy and I love that HH dragon card. Gorgeous colouring - good luck with the challenges. Hugs Cherry XXX

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say how much I LOVE the first card in your post, that's a great challenge idea to choose three items from a list. I so love the embossing and done on the black card it looks like metal flooring - fabulous!
hugs
wynneth
x

Cor* said...

Totally perfect for our PICK 3 challenge. Great paper with bling (did u put that on the paper yourself), string and circle tag! Woo hoo. You now have an entry toward the Stamping Vacation gift voucher for Flourishes this month! Good luck. Don't forget about our blog hop on Sept 25 & 26!! Thanks for playing and spreading the word!

Tine said...

Hey Kathy! So nice to see someone use a dragon. Love the bright colours you have used for him...yep, if that knight doesn't see him coming then he deserves to be eaten!!!! LOL. Glad you have joined us this week at I ♥ Promarkers with this fun card.
Tine :)

Merry said...

Wonderful creations...love your dragon card and the silver background. The card you created for the Pick 3 challenge at Stamping Vacation is perfect. Thanks for joining in and being first entry. :-)

Kathyk said...

Cor* - thanks for your comment and yes, I ran the balck paper through in an embossing folder and then took Brilliance Starlite Silver lightly over the raised bits

Brenda Brown said...

Love George and the dragon. Glad you've had a good day. I did, will post it tomorrow.
B xxx

Lorraine said...

Super card. I love that image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers again this week, Kathy.

Julie said...

Fabulous creations Kathy, and all so different. I love your purple dragon! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Julie x

Linda Cain said...

Too cute!

Karen McAlpine said...

Like it? Sure do! Love that image and how you paired it with the locker look embossed paper. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge blog.

Jane said...

Lovely cards Kathy, like the image of the dragon.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Jane :0)
xx

Spyder said...

Love Dustin Pike's image great card, love it!
(Lyn)

Denise Clark said...

Wonderful card for the PICK 3 challenge and thank you for spreading the word about it!

I love the image you used and the diamond plate Cuttlebug folder is perfect for this! Love the color scheme! Terrific job!

Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges! This earns you an entry in the Oct 1st drawing for the $25.00 gift certificate to Flourishes!

katesacraftybugger said...

Wow gorgeous purple dragon , the orange sets it off a treat !thanks for joining us at I♥ promarkers this week -Kate