Sunday, 4 July 2010

And this week's sketchie is . . . .

The twist this week was to feature blue . . . (since it was set by someone using the forum name BLUEBERTIE it came as no surprise!!!) which sort of lent itself to a Christmas card - well in my head anyway!! I had the fab snowman (by sparklen'sprinkle) which I coloured with pro markers before applying liquid pearls as the snow highlights and pearly liquitex (provided courtesy of my crafting bud, Lauren) to the snowman himself and then liberally sprinkled holographic glitter over the image. I had the strip of plain blue card lying around but the patterned paper is all by DCWV and such fab papers too. I stamped the greeting on white card and backed with blue card (Martha Stewart punch - flower) and then a disc of silver. I used a snowflake punch on some ridged dark blue card (offcut from the dark blue layer round the image) and then added glitter before finishing my card off with two faux gemstones down the blue strip and two across the top - hope you like it!
You can view this and all the other sketchie entries on Lets Get Stamping over on craftbubble

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks gorgeous,Kathy.

Spyder said...

Lovely sparky Christmas card Kathy!
((Lyn))

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabuloso chrimbo card/sketchie Kathy - loving that great image and and all the sparkle!!:o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Awww Kathy this is lovely, your sparkly snowman is so cute and I love the layout :)